• Family •

'You three are a great family!' Those words echoed in Loid's head. The worlds greatest spy is pretending to be a dad. He couldn't believe it, but he had to. He had noticed that weird feelings have been developed whenever he spent time with his family.

But deep inside of him, there a was a light spot calling out to him saying that they should become a real family. The consequences for him were unthinkable if they did become a real family, but did he really want to be a spy?

"Loid-San!" A woman said to him as he started to wake up. He noticed that he had fallen asleep on the couch. "Yes, Yor?" Loid responded back and groaned as he sat back up. "Thank goodness! You were squirming in your sleep so I figured you were having a nightmare." Yor said worryingly to him as if she were his mother. He smiled and said, "Ah, no need to worry. I usually do that when I sleep." Loid said.

"Papa. I don't wanna do anything today." Anya said as she walked to her mother and father while rubbing her eye. "I see that. The three of us look pretty tired overall. We should probably just rest." Loid responded back. "Ah! Good idea! I thought that too." Yor smiled tiredly as she stood up. "Mama. Read me a bedtime story, I'm going back to sleep." Anya said.

"Okay, Anya! Let's go pick out a book." Yor held Anya's hand as they walked to her bedroom to put Anya in bed. Loid felt this unusual feeling of.. happiness? He felt relieved that those two were near him. Especially Yor. Yor and Loid had been pretty close lately, and Loid had planned on being a real couple but he soon rejected those feelings towards her. It's just a fake marriage, after all.

And Anya. He felt as if she were his real child. Taking her to the school bus and watching her leave for school just made him happy. Seeing her grades didn't, but he started to realize that he wanted more than just a fake family. He's been with many women for a mission, but this family is what he really wanted this whole time.

Having a family makes him think of his childhood. A scared, abandoned child who grew up to be a spy who takes missions for money. Guilt had built up in him, but he knew it wasn't his fault. He wanted to raise a family, one where Anya and Yor won't have to be scared and alone.
He didn't want those two to experience what he did as a child, so he always tries his best to be the best husband and father.

Yor crept out of Anya's room and quietly closed the door behind her. She tip-toed her way over to Loid. "Loid, I'm gonna go rest too, just so you know where I am." Yor reassured him. He nodded and she made her way to the room and closed the doo,r going to sleep. He was alone now. "I should go rest too.. I don't feel so energetic today either." Loid said as he made his way to his bedroom and fell on to his bed. He hasn't felt this relieved in a long time, so he just slept.