Chapter 4

Winnie liked Changbin and Jisung.

Once they got talking, they started spending more time together. Chan would often bring them to their shared studio with him and they'd work on some tracks just for the fun of it or they'd have food together or spend the time talking. The duo would sometimes ask her for advice and tips and she was more than happy to provide them

The two boys were surprised to learn that she was one of the best trainees in the past but destiny and fate did her dirty. She didn't blame anyone but herself for everything that happened.

Chan laughed his ass off when the two gave her awed looks.

"Looks like you've got two fans." he teased her and earned a smack that made the other two boys laugh

Out of the two, Jisung got more attached to her. She also conversed with him in English from time to time but maybe because he felt more comfortable with her. If he wasn't training or working with the other two and she wasn't busy, they'd hang out together a lot. She genuinely liked his company. He was like her personal ball of energy, his easy-going nature was something she had grown fond of.

Changbin became more like her little brother figure. He'd often come to her for advice and share things he wasn't sure he could share with Chan. The boys idolized Chan. Winnie didn't mind. She never hesitated from helping him out. The more they spoke, the more Winnie realized that Changbin was a lot more mature for his age than she first pegged him as. One evening when conversing, his emotional maturity and response to the situation surprised her. That made her like him even more. That kid knew what he was doing.

She also occasionally told the two embarrassing stories about Chan, to his chagrin. So much so, that sometimes Chan complained and 'regretted introducing the three of you'.

______________________________________________________

"Noona, noona, noona!" Jisung exclaimed, barging into her studio.

After receiving good feedback from her co-producers of Touchdown and her production mentor, and having worked on a couple other tracks(b-sides), the company bumped her up to her own personal studio. It wasn't as big as other studios in the company but Winnie appreciated what she was given.

"Jisung, Jisung, Jisung!" she replied, having heard him despite her headphones.

She looked at him and he pouted at her, before taking a seat.

"Check this song out!"

"Oh. Alright. Let's have a listen."

She took a flash drive before putting it on her computer and selecting the file as Jisung pointed her to it.

The song was good. And that's what she told him.

"Ohkay. Now I can show it to Chan hyung." he smiled to himself, relieved

"I'm the first person to listen to it?" she asked

"Yes. I thought you'd provide better insight since you are a producer and all, you know." he said shyly, then paused, eyes slightly widening, "Producer-trainee, I mean."

She smiled and patted his head, "I'm just happy to help."

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it, kid."

Just then the door opened and Chan and Changbin walked in.

"Hey noona, what's new?" Changbin asked

"Crippling stress of work and life and existence..." she deadpanned

"Ouch!"

"When are you guys officially debuting or something?" she asked, rotating her chair to face all three boys.