Chapter 15

"JYP's next group will be......"

Winnie hated these delays. Absolutely abhorred them. Why couldn't he just give them the result so they could all deal with whatever emotions they have, wrap it all up and go home and sleep?

She felt a hand clutch hers and looked at the corner of her eyes and it was Hyunjin. So she grabbed his hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

"....the Project Team!"

Winnie blinked, the sudden clapping and cheering of the audience just getting tuned out.

Wait.

Hold on.

What?

They... did it?

They did it!

They fucking did it!

"When I look at you one by one, even though the 2Team had more good friends, I don't know, but the 9 of you seemed like one body. I liked seeing the 9 of you. Despite your...special circumstances, you all proved that you could do it."

Winnie only heard half of it. Her mind was still reeling from the fact that her team, her team, was on their way to debut.

She perispherically noticed others bowing and she did the same.

The next thing she knew, they were backstage and she was hugged tightly by Chan.

"We did it."

She chuckled, hugging him back. "We did it. Thank you." she looked around, "Thank you all."

Then another pair of arms wrapped around her. Then another. Until everyone was joining the hug and those two were in the middle.

"This calls for a party!" Jisung cheered

"Yeah, it does." Chan nodded

A few more minutes and they all pulled out when Changbin gestured for her to look behind her.

"Congratulations, eonnie,"

Chaeryeong stood there with a big smile and glassy eyes.

"Oh, baby," she muttered, wrapping her arms around the girl. "You did amazing."

She felt Chaeryeong nod, cheek pressed to her chest, "It doesn't matter though. I'm so happy for you. You are finally debuting after so long."

Winnie didn't have the heart to tell the younger girl that their trials had just started.

"I can't wait for you to debut too, Chae. I'll always root for you."

Chaeryoung nodded and pulled as Winnie cupped her face and smiled at her.

Suddenly there was another ruckus at the other end of the backstage.

"What's that?" Jeongin asked,

"I don't know," Chan replied and was about to go and see when the crowd cleared.

Winnie got a glimpse of a madly grinning Jihyo before the older girl literally threw herself at Winnie, the younger girl taking a step back to keep her balance.

"I love you so much! I couldn't be prouder of you!"

Winnie chuckled, "Thanks, Ji."

Jihyo pulled, the wide grin looking almost painful.

"You were amazing on stage!" she looked behind her, "You all were. It was great to see you all."

Everyone but Chan and Winnie bowed their heads in thank you.