Chapter 13

A satisfied pop came as she stretched her neck and shoulder. She grunted and repeated the other side. Once satisfied, she settled on one of the desks that they often used as a perch and stretched further.

The voice of her Audio Fundamentals professor droned on into her earphones as she continued her stretches. The previous day's classes had to be missed because of a demo recording session that Chan wanted ASAP done.

Suddenly the door slammed open, literally scaring her and causing her phone to drop to the ground.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" she demanded, hand on her chest, trying to curb her hammering heart.

Minho blinked at her, Felix and Jeongin right behind him, before he scanned the otherwise empty studio and finally settled his eyes back on her. "I thought the studio was empty."

She closed the door and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, before she jumped off the perch and picked up her phone.

"Please tell me that's not broken..." Minho asked

She pushed a few buttons and tried a couple of apps and then looked at him, "You got lucky. Works fine."

"Oh good." he exhaled and dropped his duffel before kicking it to the side. "Are you joining us for the practice or do you want to wait for others?"

She looked at others before back at him, "I'll start now."

____________________________________________________

They had been trying to perfect the routine for a good few hours. Other boys gradually trickled in and joined them as they got done with their own schedules.

She lost count times of how many times they practised the entire routine, oftentimes going from the top whenever one of them would miss the beat or do it wrong. Her muscles were starting to protest now.

And most of the boys looked the same. Looking around the boys, her eyes finally met Chan's, who gestured to the others. She exhaled and shook her head.

Barely any of them had the energy to go for it again.

Chan nodded and then clapped loudly, grabbing everyone's attention.

"We'll take a small break for the time being. And then there's something I wanted to talk about."

She didn't even spare another look, just settled on the ground, legs stretched. Seeing her, others started following and sat down. She felt something and turned to see Jisung had slid next to her and hugged her from behind. She smiled, keeping a hand over his hand and leaned back, resting her head on his shoulder.

"So, I just got out of a meeting about the show and we would be competing."

"Against who?" she asked

"The company picked a group called 2Team. Both teams, ours and 2Team are to perform on the same day. whosoever's performance is liked by JYP, they'd be the ones debuting."

"So, no lacking off?" Minho asked

"None at all."

____________________________________________________

"You look like you are gonna fall any moment."

"Geez. Don't you know how to make a girl feel."

"I'm serious, Winnie."

She paused and looked at him. "Thank you for your concern, Kim Yugyeom, but I'm all good." and she went back to work. "It's not like you understand anyway," she muttered under her breath.