Chapter 2

The large steel gate swing open and the carriage enters, as she looks around curiously at the beautiful property.

After a couple more minutes, the carriage pulls up - to the front of the large 4 story brick house, and once it had come to a complete stopped she hopped off and dusted herself off - she looked around as she felt completely out of place (especially with the fact she was definitely underdressed for such place in her eyes).

"Delta, this way, young lady." The man chimes as he closed the carriage door and starts heading to the steps going up to the front doors, which were already open with
two men standing on either side of the doors, both with their hands out; as the man reaches them he hands them each his hat and his coat - before he walks in with me following close behind him. "My son is upstair in his private Library on the third floor, his name is -"

"Draco. I remember, sir." She interupts quickly, before covering her mouth realizing what she had done. "I'm so sorry, sir."

"Oh, that is quite alright, Delta. My name is Madvrick, and my wife is Ginnie. And, I speak for my wife and myself as I proudly say that we welcome you into our home." He says as a grey haired woman with a kind smile across her face only an inch or two taller than Delta comes walking into view from another room with a long haired orange cat in her arms.

"Hello, my dear husband how was your venture into the village?" She asks Madvrick as walks up to him and kisses his cheek, before she turns and faces Delta as she adds "Hello there, and who might we be welcoming this time?" She chuckles playfully as she holds out her hand for Delta to shake.

"My name is Delta, ma'am. I am pleased to meet you." She says quickly as she bows her head.

"I brought our son a new friend, hopefully." He says suddenly, as they Delta and Ginnie shake hands.

"Oh, well nice to meet you , too. May I ask, where do you live, Delta?" Ginnie asks next as the 3 of them walk over towards the stairs across from the front doors.

"Well, uh, I - um. I live in an old abandoned house's basement on the poorer side of the village. Please, don't report me." She answers honestly, as she looks down feeling ashamed - then looked back up them with fear in her eyes from her openness.

"I see. So it is safe to say you are in fact a peasant girl, aren't you?" She continues her questions with.

"Yes, ma'am." Delta answers, as she looked back down at the rug on the hardwood floor underneath her feet.

"Okay, well sweetie. Well where might your family be? Are they out working or are they back in the basement?" Ginnie then asks as she looks concerned, for the young lady before her - while making eye contact with her husband.

"My family? Um. No, um, all I had was my parent and they are both gone. My mother died not too long after having me, because she had complications of some sort and my father was hung for stealing from a business in hopes to feed me after 2 days of no food or work when I was only 8 years old." She answers honestly, as she turns away while tears well in the corners of her eyes.

"So - oh no. Does that mean that you are an orphan, sweetheart?" Madvrick asks suddenly cutting in the conversation - he took sounded concerned.

"Yes, I am an orphan, sir." She snaps as she wipes her face vigorously. "I'd understand if you'd rather have someone more fitting class wise for Draco - I can walk back to the village." She adds as she feels her stomach turning with so many mixed up emotions.

"Okay, we'll, no sweetie. You're so far perfect for the task at hand." He says back to her, as Ginnie walked closer to Delta.

"I was just trying to get to know the soon-to-be friend of our only son, sweetie. And, I must add how so very sorry we are if our questions caused you pain in any way. I truly hope you understand, we really meant no harm with our words." Ginnie goes on to say as she walks up and lifts Delta's face so they can make eye contact.

"I understand, and it is okay. I swear. Just some days it's still so hard to talk about - that's all. I'll be okay, I swear, ma'am." Delta responds as she wipes the tears welling in her eyes.

"Well, that is completely understandable, Delta. But, look - you're in good hands, now." Madvrick says as he walks over and places a hand upon the girl's shoulder. "I told you I would pay you each day that you spend time with Draco - and if my wife agrees with what I'm about to say I truly think that we will do you one better." Before he looks over at Ginnie, "My beautiful wife, we have a 4th floor that is currently unoccupied, because that is where we usually keep any guests we have."

Ginnie smiles widely as her eyes glisten with glee as she turns to face Delta, "Yes, my dear husband is correct. We in fact do have a complete floor empty, the 4th floor."

"And, it would be our pleasure for you to choose a room to move into. That way this can become your home, that way we can make sure all your needs are met. Plus, you would be able to obtain a proper education - which let's face it, you shall need in the future for any possible reason these days." He goes onto say with a chuckle.

"You want me to what?" Della asks completely baffled for a moment.

"Move into a room of your choice-"He starts to say.

"- I recommend the master bedroom, it's the best room on that floor." Ginnie says cutting him off as she reaches out and gently hold my right hand.

"Yes, you should. But, pick a room and move in, make this place your home." Madvrick says kindly with a grin across his face as he now holds my left hand.

"I couldn't." She mutters confused, as she glances between them both.

"Yes, you could- and yes, you shall." Ginnie insists quickly, still holding her hands.

"But-"

"Don't worry, we will take you to gather your things from the basement - later this evening. But, for now why don't you head up to our son's floor. He should still be in his Library and that way you can start to get to know him?" Madvrick states, before asking her as he looks at the stairwell leading up to the next levels.

"Yes, sir." She says as she can't help but to feels completely overwhelmed and flabbergasted about what had just happened.

She then begins heading up the grand staircase, that heads to the 2nd floor - but she was heading up to the 3rd level, alone and lost in thought - as she was trying to find Draco, their son they spoke of - but never had described physically so she's trying to find him blindly in a way.