Chapter 9

Delta climbed out of the carriage and then Draco climbed out, the pair looks around and decided to go into the shop across the street - they were going in to find Draco a couple new outfits first.

Draco was nervous as he looked around but Delta kept him focused on his goal, keeping him listening to her, he ended up finding 5 outfits that Delta told him he just had to have - he really valued her opinion.

When they leave that store the put the bags in the carriage then they went down the road a bit and right into a lovely little dress shop, where Delta was looking around completely confused and unsure what to buy; this was when Draco returned the favor, he helped Delta pick several dressed plus a lovely pair of shoes.

She was very thankful and they returned back to the carriage, putting their bags in the front of the carriage while they sit on the seat - then, they ask the driver to take them to a bookstore.

Once at the bookstore, they pair climb out of the carriage and head inside happily.

Draco looks around for book about the stars and about discovery, whereas Delta looks for poetry book and stories about good fortune after a tale of challenges - each finding several they wanted before they load back into the carriage to head back to their home; after a successful day out in the village (they both we proud of themselves as well as each other).

Once back in their yard they hear Madvrick talking to Ginnie, as if they were both extremely confused and concerned.

"Mother, Father. What is the matter?" Draco asks as he gots out of the carriage.

"Where have you been?" Ginnie asks while looking relieved and proud.

"I told you, Mother. Delta and I planned all weekend for a trip into the village." Draco says as he helps Delta out of the carriage next.

"You- you went into the village?" Madvrick asks looking like he was going to burst from happiness.

"Yes." Draco says quickly, looking very satisfied for himself.

"What did you guys do there?" Ginnie asks as she snaps her fingers to the staff awaiting her command at the front door.

"We bought some clothes and books." Delta answers as she smiles at them.

"That is amazing. Thank you Delta for helping him with everything. He's such a happier person now." Ginnie says as she smiled at Delta, so grateful and kind.

"Yes, he is more adventurous and outgoing. He's like the 4 year old we knew." Madvrick says next.

"You don't have to thank me, he's my best friend. I'd do anything for him." Delta says as she hugs onto Draco's arm lovingly.

After that, everything was going swimmingly for the next few months everything was good, was very routine - it was working out perfectly, for Delta and the family who opened their homes and hearts to her.

She finally felt like she belonged to a living family, and she never wanted to let it go.

Suddenly the holidays came around fast, and things began to change a bit in their routine as the family prepared for a dinner of thanks and family - which was something she hadn't done since her father passed away let alone had she ever had a real family meal on such a holiday; so she was eager to celebrate and see how the family celebrates.

Two days before the feast was scheduled to happen Ginnie and Madvrick were frantic as they were preparing their house for family who was traveling from out of town to have dinner with them (like always).

Delta was in her room that evening, alone, in her nightgown already resting in bed - reading a beautiful lovestory when she suddenly hears knocking on her door so she called out to whoever to enter her room.

Ginnie comes walking in and closed the door behind her, "Hello, my dear." She smiles as she walks over and sits on the end of the bed next to Delta's feet.

"Hello." Delta says, closing the book and sitting up.

"How are you doing? You've been very quiet lately, not like yourself. Are you okay?" Ginnie asks her, as she touches her leg caringly.

"Yes, yes I am. I just never had a holiday before, let alone a family feast. This is all so new to me, I'm just observing." Delta admits softly as she looks at Ginnie with sadness in her eyes.

"I understand that. I'm so sorry, I bet you miss your family. But I hope you remember you are here now, with a family that cares about you." Ginnie chimes with a gentle smile across her sympathetic face.

After they hug tightly, Ginnie and Delta say goodnight to one another before Ginnie heads out of the room - closing the door behind her, leaving her there feeling loved and happier than she had been in many years.

After an hour, another rapid knocking hit her door loudly causing her to sit up nervously as she calls out come in as she put her bookmark in her book to save her page.

Madvrick comes walking in and looks as though he had sympathy in his eyes, she looked at him confused

"Is everything okay?" She asks quickly.

"Yes, yes my dear. Everything is quite alright. I've just been enlightened. You've never celebrated the holidays as us. I'm sorry that never crossed our mind, we should have eased you into this. Are you okay?" Madvrick asks her as he sits on the end of the bed, looking very concerned.

"I-I'm okay, really, I am. I just never lived such a lifestyle and had all these wonderful things, even when my father was alive. We never had a holiday feast and we never had visitors. Let alone friends over." Delta explains, "I'm observing and I'm curious about everything, I find it very interesting. Plus, I'm truly grateful that I'm apart of such a holiday with an amazing family. I feel so blessed." She goes on happily.

"You're as blessed as we are. You're a wonderful blessing to our family, a perfect addition. We love you and couldn't imagine our lives without you now." Madvrick says as he hugs her, she hugs him right back.

After that, Madvrick leaves and Delta closes the door, before pressing her back to the door - feeling emotional.

Then, yet again - knocking.

She quickly turned around and opened the door, with a smile across her face because she knew who this could be; after all there were only 3 people in the house beside her that would knock at this hour, 2 already had.

"Draco, good evening." Delta chimes as she hugs him tightly.

"Are you okay? My mother said she spoke with you. Is everything okay?" Draco asks lovingly, as he hugged her back.

"Yes. They were just checking on me. But, I'm fine. I swear." She says as she backs up looking at him before she realizes she hadn't put on her slippers yet, so she rushed to her bed to put them on.

"That's great." Draco says following her in.

"Would you like to have some tea with me?" She asks he as she put her robe on next, tying it shut.

"I'd love to, let's go to the dining hall. Just a change of scenery." He suggested as he walked over and took her hand, leading her from the room.

"Sounds good to me." She closes her door before the head down to the dining hall for their tea and cookies, while they talk about the holidays a bit.

This was when Delta learned that their family members were coming to stay on the 2 wings on the 4th floor, where Delta stayed - but nobody but her will be in her own private wing.

She finds out that Ginnie's younger brother and husband wife plus their 2 kids will be arriving in the morning from the kingdom of Dornan, while Madvrick will be having his 2 younger brothers and their wives plus their combined total of 5 kids (3 were the middle brother's from the village of Snixville, and 2 were the youngest from the town of Broags).

This made Delta extremely nervous, as she was completely unsure how the family from out of town would treat her - but she kept her fears to herself, then the two of them head on off to their bedrooms for bedtime.