Rainy Day - Lee Heeseung

I was at my local coffee shop finishing up my history assignment as the rain came pouring down, hitting the window

I was at my local coffee shop finishing up my history assignment as the rain came pouring down, hitting the window. Every raindrop made a noise as it splat against the window. This calming vibe was the perfect atmosphere to finish up work. It was already 7:30pm and the sun had already set. The sun sets very early these days. I had been working for an hour already and I'm not even halfway done. I sighed as I put my head on my hand, looking out the window. The night sky, streetlights, and the cars were making me sleepy. I had to finish this assignment tho. I took the last sip of my coffee as I continued to work on the assignment. Minutes passed by and I was the only one here. Suddenly, the door of the shop swung open. Who would get coffee at this hour, I thought. I looked up and met eyes with a very attractive boy who looked around my age. I quickly looked at my laptop screen, pretending to study. Why was that boy so handsome? I tried to look back at him and I saw him ordering something. He then took a glance at me then back to the barista who handed him his coffee. I must stay focused on my assignment. It's due at 11:55pm today. I checked the time. 8:15pm. The shop was closing in 15 minutes so I started wrapping up my stuff. I sighed at the thought of not finishing my work. I'll just finish the rest at home. I looked over at the boy again and saw him sitting down at a table in the corner of the shop. I packed my stuff as I waved to the barista and exited the shop. 

It was raining like crazy and I didn't have an umbrella, nor did I have a jacket. I could wait out the rain but it doesn't seem to stop anytime soon. The bus stop is also too far to walk in the rain and my house is closer than the bus stop. I sighed as I was about to just run for it. Then, suddenly I felt a hand grab onto my wrist. I looked back and saw the handsome boy from the coffee shop. My cheeks turned pink as he stared at me. "Uh, you shouldn't walk in this rain," he stated. "I'll drop you wherever you need to go," he said and opened his umbrella, covering both of us. I stayed silent, feeling bad for taking up his time. "I'll drop you home," he said again. "Oh, you don't have to. My house is really close by," I said. "Don't worry about it. If it's close by, then it shouldn't be a problem," he said and smiled. His smile was so sweet and pretty. "Okay," I said quietly and turned in the direction I had to go.

The walk to my house was silent and awkward. The umbrella was small so we had to walk close to each other. His hand brushed against mine a couple of times. After walking for about 8 minutes, we reached my house. I noticed his shoulder was all wet. "I'm so sorry for making you walk me here and your shoulder is all wet. I'm sorry for taking up the space," I said feeling really bad. He then held my hand which made me look into his eyes. "You apologize too much," he said and chuckled. "I'm Heeseung by the way." "I'm Y/N," I said. "Well I should head inside," and with that, I started walking to the front door. "Wait!" I heard Heeseung yell. I turned around to see him behind me. "Uh, can I get your number? You seem like a nice person and I wanna hang out," he said looking nervous. "Sure," I said. He then looked relieved. He handed me his phone and I put in my number. "Goodnight Y/N," he said. "Goodnight Heeseung," I said and walked inside.