Night - Jake

It was another night where I couldn't sleep

It was another night where I couldn't sleep. Thoughts running through my head as I tossed and turned, trying to sleep. I looked over at my clock. It was 4:10am. I sighed as I got out of bed and headed towards my balcony. I opened the door and the warm air hit my face. It felt good. I went back inside my room and put on a light jacket before creeping down the stairs, trying not to wake my parents up. I quietly opened the door and headed outside. I looked back, being careful not to make any noise while closing the door.  Once I was fully out of my house, I walked around. I walked out of my neighborhood, down to the small lake near my house. The lake was 10 minutes away walking distance. That lake held so many memories. Memories of me and my best friend. That lake was where we met and ever since that day we hung out almost everyday. Once I reached the lake, I sat down under a tree and admired the view in front of me. The city lights reflected on the water as the wind brushed against the trees, making them sway. I leaned back against the trees and closed my eyes as I could hear a few cars drive past the lake. I then opened my eyes due to a faint noise. I looked around and saw a small rock being thrown into the lake. I looked it the direction the rock was thrown and saw a boy who looked around my age. Why would someone be here at this time, I thought as I got up and walked closer to the lake. The boy noticed me as he got up and approached me. "Are you okay ma'am?" he asked. Why would he be asking that. Do I look bad or sick. "I- I'm fine," I said as I got to see his face clearer. He was very handsome. "What are you doing here at this hour. It's dangerous," he said while looking into my eyes. My cheeks tinted pink. "I couldn't sleep. What are you doing here?" "I always come here at night to clear my mind," he said. "You should go home and try to sleep. I'll walk you home," he said. "No worries, I can go home myself," I said and smiled. Then, I proceeded to walk away. I was walking home when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see that boy again. "Are you following me?" I asked him. "Oh, no it's not like that, I just want to make sure you get home safely." That was very kind of him. "Oh thank you," I said as he walked next to me. Once we got to my house, I thanked him. "Thank you for walking me home, you didn't have to." "No problem, also aren't you forgetting something?" he asked me. I was so confused. I wasn't missing anything, was I? He pulled out my phone from his pocket. "You forgot your phone back at the lake," he said. "Oh my gosh thank you so much," I said. I'm so forgetful, that's so embarrassing. "I'm Jake by the way," he said and smiled. "Oh, I'm Y/N," I said. "I should probably head inside now. Thank you for walking me home," and with that, I headed inside. As I went up to my room, I got a text on my phone. Who would text me at this hour, I thought. I opened it and it was a text from Jake. 

Jake: I added my number on your phone. Hope that's okay. Goodnight Y/N

Me: That's fine! Goodnight Jake

It's literally 5am while I wrote this. I can't sleep lol   -M