Day off - Jay

Today Jay had half the day off so he promised he would spend time with me

Today Jay had half the day off so he promised he would spend time with me. Before he came home, I was cooking us lunch. I made fried chicken, roasted veggies, and I even baked cookies for us to enjoy. Jay hadn't had a day off in so long due to the new comeback but finally it's all done. I was cooking the chicken when I heard my phone ding. It was a text from Jay. 

Jay: So sorry baby but I can't come home until night

Y/N: It's okay, come back as early as you can, I miss you

You pouted at the text and looked back at the food. I guess I'll be eating this alone. You finished cooking the last of the chicken after cooking the veggies. You put some in a plate for you and sat down at the table. You wish Jay was here so you could share this meal with him. You missed him a lot but you knew it was his job and you knew this would happen if you dated an idol. You took a picture of the food and were about to start eating when you heard the door knob shake. You got scared and got up from your seat. The door swung open to reveal your boyfriend Jay. You were so happy. You ran to him to give him a long hug. "I thought you weren't coming home until night," you told Jay. "I wanted to surprise you," Jay said and hugged you again. He then looked at the kitchen counter with all the food. "You cooked?" Jay asked you in which you nodded in response. "That's supposed to be my job," he chuckled. You served Jay a plate of chicken and some veggies before you both sat at the table. The both of you talked about life and how you wanted to get a dog soon. You loved this. Eating and catching up with your boyfriend was what you loved to do. 

After eating, Jay sat on the couch and you brought the cookies you baked. "You baked cookies too?" he asked. "Yep, now let's watch something," you said. Jay was staring at you so you asked him why. "Why are you staring at me?" "I love you Y/N. Thank you for all this food and thank you for being with me, even though I'm so busy," he said while still looking at you. "I love you too Jay and thank you for surprising me!"