Moving Forward Part 2

Velzard POV

It has been a few days since everything calmed down again. Diablo and Testarrosa followed Rimuru's orders to make Falmuth a vessel state of Tempest with a Puppet King installed. I've sensed what has been going on at that one-sided slaughter. 

'Is this truly what Oni-san wanted to create? And Ciel, what did you mean with Rimuru being the Successor of him?' I thought and sighed. I've always felt something familiar within Rimuru if we don't look at the bond of us True Dragons. 

Is it the way he behaved in the past? His way of dealing with things? It is clear that there is no part of Oni-san being within him, it would long have been awakened, and I would have felt it even beforehand. 

"Velzard-sama" Rain's voice suddenly reached my ears as she teleported into the room I was staying in. 

"What is it, Rain?" I answered with a cold demeanor 

"All this.. I've been thinking, was it necessary for Guy-sama to die and for you to get involved in this" Rain asked while feeling pressured 

"If it weren't for that bastard being your Master in the past, I would have sent you straight back to your place in hell again- that is, if I had been in a good mood," I answered, angered.

I could understand her thoughts, and I've been sending her on missions for a while that may have seemed random, primarily for information gathering and the matter with that useless demon..

Rain apologized instantly for what I just sighed and calmed down "I can understand your question Rain, but haven't you sworn your unbending loyalty to me?"

Rain knelt before me. "My soul is in your hands. My curiosity got the better of me. Please excuse this mistake of mine," the blue-haired demoness pleaded before me.

Those Primordials are, at times, so overbearing loyal, and annoying- couldn't there be someone more simple and easygoing under them? 

"Guy has always been only interested in pawns that he could use in his stupid game with Rudra, that damn human brat," I said and destroyed the desk next to me as I pressed on it with my hand feeling rage only thinking about him. 

"I was okay with it in the beginning as I was stupid, and so were you, probably blinded by being able to stand at the overworld thanks to him. But this Game of his would only result in countless deaths and the destruction of this Word that my Brother Veldanava-sama desired to be the place for us to live in peace." I explained 

"I'm sorry for asking such a dumb question, Lady Velzard" Rain said as she understood everything without thinking about it. "I'll now continue with my work" As fast as she appeared, she disappeared again 

I sighed once more. 'Should I have them work under Rimuru?' it would undoubtedly give me a more peaceful time. 

Speaking of my brother... "Will you be fine?" I asked the question to myself, remembering the plan Ciel had told me in the millisecond when Rimruu disappeared in the past. 

A non-biological lifeform could have such immense feelings for something to even perish for it, laying its life in someone else's hands. I am envious of that Ciel, you've found something precious. 

This matter goes far more comprehensive than just simple death and loss, everything that Rimuru would have needed to face in the future even when he would have saved this World... all the feelings of his subordinate - to accept to reject, to live with a heavy heart for denial or a lingering heavy heart for not loving one woman for eternity. 

To be revered as God by all, having to meet their expectations. Needing to control the whole world forever and live with the losses he had already sustained, would his human mind have withstood that for a long time?