Priya's thoughts...

Priya came out of the washroom and saw Mr. Kapoor crumpled on the floor, a piece of paper in hand. Immediately she knew that he knew. Tears started streaming down her eyes as well - tears of happiness that Mr. Kapoor finally knew the truth, but also tears of relief. She would not have to pretend in front of him anymore. He could be a father to his daughter, like he always wanted!

The next moment she remembered Nandini and her words - not just 5 years back but also earlier in the week - when she had threatened Priya regarding Ram finding out about Pihu. Her face clouded over, and she ran to Mr. Kapoor, trying to take the paper away from him, even though she knew it was too late.

"Mr. Kapoor..."

"Why Priya, why?" What right did you have to do this to me?"

"Mr. Kapoor..."

"No, don't explain Priya. Nothing you say can make things right. Today, you have truly cheated on me."

Tears streamed down Priya's face. As Ram saw her, he softened. He never could see Priya cry. Somehow as always, miraculously, a tissue appeared from his pocket and he gave it to Priya. Once she had calmed down, he said, "You owe me an explanation, Priya. That's the least you can do before leaving me again."

"I can't, Mr. Kapoor."

"Why, Priya? Are you being fair to me? Or to Pihu? Doesn't she have the right to her father's love? Doesn't she deserve to live a life of luxury that her father can afford, rather than moving from one adventure to another? After Shivi's incident, I was broken . News of the baby was the best news I had, and you took it away from me. I can never forgive you for this. Go away from here. But leave Pihu behind."

Priya looked at Ram, stunned. Pihu had been the reason for her existence the last 5 years. She smiled because Pihu smiled; because she wanted to give her daughter a happy childhood. She kept her tears hidden for when Pihu was asleep, when she reminiscenced about her time with Mr. Kapoor, about the tortures she faced in jail and about Nandini mom. And suddenly she realised that Ram was right. He deserved to know his daughter, to spend time with her, to know her for the beautiful soul she was, just like her father, and the way that she was a splitting image of her father, from the eyes to the antics. She didn't even bother to fight him.

"Ok Mr. Kapoor. I will leave right now, before Pihu awakes."

Ram was stunned. Did Priya love no one at all? She had left him at the drop of a hat, and now she was prepared to leave her daughter too and leave? But Priya loved Pihu more than anything, Ram  had seen that with his own eyes. So why was she so willing to leave her with Ram, but not give any explanation? Did her life with Krish matter so much to her?

He left the room, drenched in his thoughts. Priya packed her bag and prepared to leave. Before she did, she penned a letter to Pihu:

"My darling Pihu,

Ms. Sood had promised never to leave you again, but today Ms. Sood is breaking her promise. You know why? Because today Ms. Sood knows that you will be better taken care of here rather than with her. All the comforts and luxuries that you have seen at Kapoor Mansion over the last one week. are yours by right, and I have no authority to take it away from you.

You see Pihu, as you may have guessed, your Mr. Khadoos is indeed my Prince Charming, and I love him very very much. But our fates have meant that we cannot be together. However, that is no reason for me to deprive you of your father's love. Yes, Ms. Pihu Sood, Ram Kapoor is your father, and you real full name is Ms. Pihu Sood Kapoor! You both are identical in so many ways - you both have blue-blue green green eyes, you both love cakes, especially those baked by me, you are both ziddi, you both love the rain, the movies and the shooting stars; and yes, I know you both love me the most. 

From the time you were born, I dreamt about you meeting your father and making memories with him. I so wished that life was different and that we could have been together as a normal family, doing everyday things, just like we have been doing this week. But now, you can continue to enjoy with your father and Adi uncle and Bri aunty, who are all so special to him and who all will love you even more when they know who you are.

Enjoy Sara Maasi and Vikram Uncle's wedding tomorrow. Khub masti karna, and don't forget to take your medicines.

Always remember my dearest Pihu, the teachings that your Mumma has given you. You are a beautiful and brave girl and your Mumma loves you the most in this world.

Stay well, my child.

Ms. Sood."

Wiping the tears streaming relentlessly down her face, Priya kept the letter by the table, took one last look at her beloved daughter and quietly left the room. She went down the stairs and before anyone could see or stop her, she walked out once again from the place that was once home - Kapoor Mansion - but this time, leaving her whole world behind her.

to be continued...