Justice

I

"Mr. Kapoor...aapko kuch nahin hoga. Please wake up. Nothing can happen to you! Adi, have you spoken to the doctor? I hope he is waiting for us in the hospital." Priya was crying hysterically.

"Yes, Priya. The doctor is there. Please be calm, Ram will be fine. After all, now you are back with him. He will be absolutely fine now."

Priya looked at Adi. Back with Mr. Kapoor? Wasn't it just a few hours back that he had asked her to leave? And now that he knew everything, would he even want her back? Wouldn't he blame her for everything that he had learnt in the last few hours? For not telling him about Nandini and her threats? For hiding Ishaan's truth from him? And most importantly, about hiding Pihu from him? Priya kept crying, but did not leave Ram's hand for even a second.

They reached the hospital and Ram was taken away to the Emergency ICU. Adi and Vikrant held Priya and sat her down. 

"Vikrant. What about your wedding? Sara di will be getting ready. It's her big day. She has found happiness after so long, you should go. But please don't tell anything to Pihu. She and Mr. Kapoor have just started getting close, she is unaware that he is her real father, she will be upset to know that he is in hospital. Plus, just like Mr. Kapoor, she is scared of hospitals."

"Priya, even now you are thinking about us? And our happiness?" Sara said from behind. She was dressed in her wedding lehenga, almost fully ready since the wedding was in the morning, in just a couple of hours! Sara came and took Vikrant's hand. We will get married Priya, tomorrow if not today, but now Ram is the only priority. How is he?"

"I don't know Sara di. The doctors have not said anything yet. We are waiting for news."

Priya, Adi, Brinda, Vikrant and Sara sat quietly in the hospital corridor waiting for the doctor to arrive with news of Ram. All of them were concerned for Ram, but they were also racked with guilt at how ALL of them had misjudged Priya 5 years ago. Everything Priya had done - she never even once thought about herself, but for Ram, Nandini and Ishaan. And she had suffered so much the last 5 years - in jail for 2 years, separated from her daughter during that time, all the "adventures" they had in this time, moving from one place to another, while everything that was rightfully theirs - all the luxury in this world, was waiting for them. All of them were furious with Nandini, but also at themselves! If only they had alerted Ram to Nandini's dislike for Priya during the marriage - about how the pre-nup, annullment papers, the 5% shares - all of these were part of her instigation! But would he have believed them? Every person had a blindspot, and Ram's blindspot was Nandini!

Just as they were thinking about her, Nandini and Shubham came to the hospital. Unaware that she had been exposed, she came in shouting "Ram, Ram! What has happened to my Ram? Why did he fall ill? He has been so stressed about the deal, he doesn't want Shubham to go to jail, and now he is unwell. Adi, VIkrant, kya hua? How is Ram?"

"He's unconscious Aunty. He is in the emergency ICU." Both replied coldly.

Just then the doctor came out. Everyone rushed to him. 

"How is he doctor?" Priya cried.

"He had a heart attack, Mrs. Kapoor."

"What?!!" Priya cried. "How is he now doctor? Will he be ok? Is he conscious?"

"He will be fine Mrs. Kapoor. He's conscious now. He is asking for you."

Priya ran to go to Ram, but suddenly there was a voice from behind. 

"Priya, Ram asked for Mrs. Kapoor, and in case you have forgotten, you are no longer Mrs. Kapoor, I am! So I am going to go inside and meet him."

Nandini was thinking furiously. She had a feeling something had happened in the last few hours, ever since Ram had carried a semi-conscious Priya back to Kapoor Mansion, but she needed to go and see Ram and brainwash him before the others came in.

She walked into the room. Ram saw her and his face clouded over. He had always thought that even though Mom did not love him the way she loved Shubhu and Shivina, she at least cared for him. What he had heard the in the last few hours had shattered him! To think that she was the woman who was truly responsible for his and Priya's separation! That she was the one behind all those plans to separate them, even before she actually succeeded. And that she was so desperate for him to marry Vedika because she would be able to control and dominate Vedika in a manner that she never could with Priya!

"Ram! How are you? What happened to you? What has that Priya done to you now? I knew when you carried her in to KM earlier this evening that she would stress you out, that woman! She can never give us peace. First she killed my Shivi....and now...she is responsible for almost snatching you away from us." Nandini was pretending to cry, and she was looking at Ram sharply. Unlike other times, his face was bereft of any emotion right now.

"I am fine, mom. I want to rest. Can you please ask Adi to come in for a moment."

"Sure, Ram." Nandini went out and informed Adi that Ram wanted to speak to him. Adi went inside. Ram told him what he wanted to do and asked Adi to organise it.

"Are you sure, Ram?"

"Absolutely."

II

Few hours later...

Ram was sitting up on the bed. He had called a few people into his hospital room. Adi, Brinda, Vikrant, Sara, Ishaan, Nandini, Shubham, Vedika, Priya and Ram's lawyer were all present. Once everyone had assembled, Ram spoke:

"I have called you all here because I have a revelation to make. Only Adi knows about this. This morning, after mom left, I asked Adi and called my lawyer here. I have decided to restructure the business and its holdings entirely, as also the properties I own. So here goes"

"You both are less my friends and more my family. You have stood by me through thick and thin all my life, and today I am making both of you partners in Kapoor Industries - with a 25% stake each."

Adi and Vikrant were overwhelmed, as were Brinda and Sara. What Ram had just done was incomparable!

Nandini and Shubham were stunned! What was happening!

"Mom, Shubham...if my money and property were the only reasons that made you want to separate Priya and me, you should have just said so. I would gladly have given you all you wanted, in writing. But I learnt today that you were not even ok with me giving Priya 5% shares in my own company! You wanted to be taken care of, but you did not want me to take care of MY WIFE! No, actually, I am wrong. You wanted a wife of your liking, someone who you think you can control - like Vedika! But don't you realise - Vedika left me once for Shashi. She is a gold digger, only interested in money. She doesn't care about you one bit! Now I am sure that you and Shubham planned with her to steal Maa's kangans, and pin the blame on Akki. I should have realised this the moment he told me the truth! How naive I have been to trust you both. Anyway, my money and property is what you wanted, and that is what you will have. Kapoor Mansion is yours Mom, and Shubham can have the resort at Alibaugh. You can stay  with Shubham, Vedika and whosoever you wish, but only after you both have served your punishment."

"Punishment?" Both Nandini and Shubham cried. Nandini's face was one of panic. "Ram, Ram, please listen. You have been misinformed. There must be some misunderstanding. Priya has brainwashed you against us, she murdered Shivi and now she wants to take you away from us."

"Stop it, mom. I know everything now. I loved you like my own mother and Shivi and Shubham like they were my own siblings, but all you cared about was my money. You used your own daughter's death to blackmail me and keep me away from my love for 5 years! Inspector!"

Inspector Shinde walked into the room with a couple of his colleagues. 

"Arrest her and Shubham, Inspector. Shubham instigated Shivina to lie about what had happened in Sood House 5 years ago."

"And yes arrest Nandini Kapoor for forgery, for deceit, but most importantly for murder! She was equally involved in the murder of Virendra Kapoor, my father!!"

Everyone looked  totally shellshocked at what Ram just said!     Nandini was involved in the murder of her own husband?

"Take her away, Inspector Shinde"

to be continued...