you hurt yourself

You were busy in the cellar cleaning up the blood that was left from not long ago.

It reeked of torture and iron but you didn't mind since you had gotten used to it.

You've been here for quite a while, cleaning. The smell had become less after time and the place became cleaner by the minute.

You took the cloth over the rails to wipe the splattered blood off of it, doing the same to the other rails.

When you finished it, the piece of cloth was red and you had to throw it away in the bucket where 5 other wipes laid in.

Something shiny caught your eye in the corner of the cell, and so you decided to head over to it.

You bent down on your knees and reached out for it-

"Y/N!" Someone called out without you expecting it, which caused for you to get startled and accidentally cut yourself on whatever.

A loud hiss of pain came from you and the footsteps that were heard coming down the stairs became much more rapid.

You pulled your hand back to where was light, and saw the drop of blood that was dripping down your finger.

Your eyes went back to what cut you but before you could take a closer look, your arm was pulled back and you were forced to turn around to meet the person who called out for you.

It was Daniela.

"Are you okay?" She raised her eyebrows and inspected you, turning you a full 360.

You raised your finger and watched her eyes fixate on the it.

Although you didn't know if she was looking at the cut or the blood that was dripping onto the floor.

"What happened?" She asked before looking back at your face.

"I cut myself on something sharp, I don't know what." You told her truthfully.

A sigh came from the girl as she grabbed your wrist and pulled you outside of the cell, taking you along the halls and up the stairs to the castle floor.

"I'm okay though, it's nothing bad- it doesn't hurt."

But the girl didn't listen nor responded to you.

She stood her ground on taking you up and to the kitchen.

Not like you'll show any signs of struggle- you knew she meant it well.

Once in the area she wanted to be, she let go of your wrist and went to a cabinet to grab some supplies to treat your wound.

"Do you need stitches?" She asked you to which you chuckled.

"No, I don't, Daniela."

"Sit down." She demanded you and you did just like she asked, sitting down on the counter and watching her pull out a kit.

The Dimitrescu walked over and set it down beside you, grabbing your finger and not being able to resist the urge to lick the blood away.

She murmured a quick 'sorry' before putting an alcohol wipe on the cut.

You winced, but that's really all.

You had experienced worse before.

The redhead grabbed a band aid and told you to hold out your finger for her, and you did.

She put the band aid right on it and helped you get back off the counter.

You put the kit away for her and turned to her.

"You need to be more careful next time, perhaps you'll bleed to death and I won't be able to save you from that." She told you as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'll make sure to be more careful next time." You told her which made a little smile tug at the corners of her lips.

"Good, I think it'd be best if you'd work in the garden for now. Stay away from flowers with thorns." Daniela told you as she walked out and you followed behind, "I'll send someone else downstairs."

Such a considerate child.