you get attacked

It was an usual day at the castle today for you. One where you worked all day.

You scrubbed the floor in the hallways and dusted off the walls, that occupied you pretty much all day.

It was now around 9 PM and you were tasked to go into the village to make sure that the people were praying to Mother Miranda.

The sun was settling down as you walked over the bridge and through the stone entrance in the wall.

You walked through the grave yard and into the main part of the village.

Luckily for you the street lights were on and you could see ahead of you.

Often you'd trip over the stones that laid in the way but this time you doubted it'd happen.

Your feet took you along the paths as you came closer and closer to the church. The lights were on so people must be praying.

Though you didn't want to get into trouble, so just to be sure you opened the door and walked in.

You looked around and saw absolutely no one.

"Hello?" You called out and walked further into the building, looking to the left to see the pictures of Mother Miranda and the Lords being surrounded by recently lit candles.

Then you turned your head around to meet one of those disgusting creatures- a lycan.

The beast must've scared away the villagers.

Its eyes stared right into your own but for some reason you didn't feel the fear just yet.

Not until it howled and was starting to make its way over to you did you scream and head to the exit.

You pretty much slammed the door open and sprinted outside, running further into the village and even tripping over one of those stupid stones.

Although now that you were in the village again- you knew that was a bad idea.

Soon you found yourself being lost and wandering around the streets.

It seemed like you were running in circles all while the animal was close behind.

Eventually you found yourself hiding under a carriage, holding in your breath as the lycan walked closer to where you were.

The creature jumped up on the carriage and let out another blood curling howl, making you shiver.

Your heartbeat was so loud and quick, you could feel it in your throat.

It was quiet, too quiet for your comfort.

You slightly crawled your way out beneath the carriage and looked around, seeing nothing.

Then a drop of water was felt ontop of your head, causing for you to put your hand on your head.

You turned onto your back and saw the beast again, its teeth showing while it looked at you with hungry eyes.

Your eyes widened before you shot out from beneath it, hearing it jump off and  follow close behind again.

The scream you let out could be heard at the Beneviento estate.

You came back to where the church was, turning around to look where the lycan was but again it wasn't to be seen.

Not until you heard loud running from behind you did you know you were doomed.

You stood still, awaiting your faith.

But it didn't come.

Instead you heard a loud thud and flesh being cut open to its deepest tissue. A loud cry was heard and you turned around.

It was Lady Daniela who was standing over the lycan, her scythe stuck in its neck before she pulled it out- causing for blood to squirt literally everywhere.

Seems like you weren't dying today.

You watched her as she gave the beast one last slash even though it was already dead.

The woman turned around and you met her golden eyes illuminated by the moonlight.

Blood was splattered onto her face and dress as she walked over to you.

She raised her hand and you quickly turned your head away, expecting to be hit but instead you felt her rest her hand on your shoulder.

You slowly looked back at her, seeing that she was somewhat concerned.

"Are you alright?" Her voice came out worried.

She was speaking to you, and not yelling for once.

You nodded your head as quick as you could to your Lady, not wanting to upset her.

"Why'd you alert him?" She asked when she turned her head over her shoulder, looking back at the thing she had just killed.

"I-I didn't. It was in the church because I had to check if people were praying and he was just waiting for someone to come inside." You told her truthfully to which she nodded.

"You should take a weapon with you next time." The girl turned around and began to walk.

Right away you followed behind her.

"How come you were here, Lady Daniela?" You asked her, curious about how she saved your life.

You saw her stumble in her step as she continued walking, "I was just walking past."

Your eyes scanned her demeanor but you didn't say anything about it, even when you two arrived all the way back to the castle did you keep your mouth shut.

You guessed she's the devil who saved you for this night.