you hear people insult her

"You're such an idiot, Daniela!" The words left Bela's mouth as you passed by the door where the library was. 

"I can't believe you're this clumsy, really disappointing." Cassandra's voice followed close behind before a sigh from the youngest was heard.

You knew you shouldn't be eaves dropping on what was happening with the sisters because it wasn't your job, but even then, the curiosity was dragging your feet back to where the commotion was happening.

"I'm sorry." The upset voice from the redhead echoed throughout the now quiet room.

Her head was lowered to the ground, a broken vase with black roses to be seen laying on display on the floor. It seemed as if she had dropped a vase, but that doesn't explain why her sisters were insulting her.

"Mother will be so upset at you for dropping her favorite vase." Cassandra teased her, "Always the foolish sister, right Bela?"

The blonde nodded and crossed her arms, giving her youngest sibling a judgmental stare.

Daniela's eyes became teary as she felt the disappointment from her two sisters, her lip trembling a little.

You've never seen her in this state before, weak from the words of others and visibly upset. But they were her sisters either way, so you could understand.

"Crybaby." The raven haired girl laughed, obviously loving to bully her sister whilst Bela stood watching, not participating all too much, having a soft spot for the youngest.

A broken sob left her mouth as she glanced up at the door where you stood at, making eye contact. At that point you couldn't leave get bullied and stepped into the room, "Stop acting towards you sister like that, it's mean." 

Both sisters turned their head to you, looking you up and down.

"You don't get to tell us what we can and can't do." Cassandra told you, scoffing.

"And you don't get to call your sister a crybaby." You came back, "Knowing very well that you yourself cry your heart out every night inside your room." 

Her posture stiffened and she shut up, glancing at her sisters in the hope they wouldn't question the reason why she's been crying late at night.

"We were just teasing her." Bela tried to talk their way out of it, "She's used to it."

Daniela wiped her tears and looked at you, "That doesn't mean you get to do it, clearly she's touched by your words and knowing you, you should be the older one and help her instead of dragging her down." 

You stared at the both, watching them shuffle in their place and leave the room, "Whatever." Cassandra mumbled defeated.

"Thanks, Y/N." Daniela hugged you into her embrace, loosening up around you now that her sisters had left. Your arms went around her to comfort her from the insults she received just now.

"No problem, but next time you should just walk away instead of listen to them degrade you." You told her, knowing well that she was a sensitive person and could get emotional in such circumstances. 

The both of you pulled away from each other's hold and looked down at the broken vase, "I'll clean it up." You offered and got a nod from the Dimitrescu infront of you.

"Thank you again, Y/N." She left a quick peck on your cheek before rushing out of the room to continue her own schedule.

A tingling feeling lingered on your cheek as she left, remembering her teary eyes from minutes ago.

You were so lucky to have her in your life.