Florida Man in SoCal (1/3)

As soon as Florida moved into California's house he brought in a humidifier. Which Cali immediately didn't like. It's not supposed to be humid here. "Do you want me to drown!?"

"If you're right about global warming, then we'll do it together" Florida smiled bringing it in any way. It sounded sweet, but Cali was being serious.

The house was going to be moist now. "I already regret this." He said as Flo went upstairs.

He set up the humidifier in the room. Sat in front while texting his bestie about alligators. It was already pretty late in the evening and he was a little tired from the travel. Luckily that ment he wasn't going to anything crazy today. After a little while he fell asleep there.

~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a little while and Florida had been very quiet. Knowing him that wasn't a good sign. He was probably breaking things or doing something illegal. This made Cali very anxious so he decided to check out what was happening.

As he opened the door he could tell the humidifier was still on. He saw Florida laying on his bed wich he had put the humidifier right next to. This was really annoying and California walked over to tell him you turn it off and go somewhere else.

When he approached he saw that Flo was sleeping. Cali went to wake him, but he looked so calm and peaceful wich was really uncommon given that it was Florida. He had a small smile on his face as he huged one of the pillows. His phone sitting face up between him and the humidifier.

Cali sighed, he didn't want to wake the sleeping state. It would be fine for tonight if he just left him alone. He went back to the living room. He tried to go to sleep, but the house was quickly affected by that machine. He turned on the TV to watch some Disney movies. His fingers were already beginning to prune from the moisture.

A few times he thought about just waking Florida up. However, that would be mean and Flo hadn't really done anything in a while. It was just one night. Next time he would let him turn that thing on. Eventually he fell asleep in front of the TV.

~~~~~~~~

Cali woke up quickly at a loud noise followed by laughter. That machine was still on, he could tell. Well Florida was awake now so he could go turn it off, then check to see what the noise was.

He walked into his room, which was now very humid. It was still on and Flo was no longer here. California turned it off before walking to the backyard were the noise was heard.

He opened the door and there they were. Florida and Louisiana with a random old car that was now broken in the middle of his backyard. 'I don't even want to know how that happened' California thought to himself as he closed the door and went back inside. At least there's only two of them. How much damage could they possibly cause? Yet as soon as he said that another large crash was heard.

Why were they always like this? Maybe if he just ignored them for a while they would stop doing whatever they were doing. Then again, leaving Florida alone might not be the best decision. As he turned back to see what they were doing the door opened.

Flo had an alligator on a leash as he walked back into the house. "No" Cali said immediately looking from the gator to Florida and back.

"Come on sha it's just a gator" Loui said walking in after his friend. The gator seemed mellow right now, but it likely would stay that way.

"Look he's very nice" Florida placed a small bow lightly on its head. "So he can stay right?"

"That can't be in the house, it's going to break everything"

"He ain't gonna break anything" Flo gave a slight frown at Cali's response. Louisiana also looked kind of upset.

It's definitely going to break things. Plus it wasn't even noon and there was already problems. He couldn't imagine what the rest of the day could possibly hold. "He can stay, if he stays out side." Both of them glared at this. Then took the alligator inside anyways.

"This is my house." Cali followed them into his living room. "It'll be to experience if he breaks things." Flo and Loui kept to their own conversation barely listening to him "I can't pay for that."

"I'll pay for it"

"Yeah I'll help, 'long as the gator gets to stay" Louisiana chimed in.

There was no point trying to stop it now. Might as well just join them. The gator was cute, guess it's a pet now and is here to stay.

~~~~~~~~~

Loui left after a while and him and Florida were now in the house alone together again. "I'm going to sit in front of the humidifier" Florida got off the couch from next to him.

"Please don't leave it on all night again!" Cali called as Flo left the room. "My fingers just stopped being pruned." Florida just gave a quick smile before leaving for the room again. Not this again. Cali followed after him.

Florida was already turning it on. "I'll turn it of later." They both layed down in the bed. The gator curled on the floor next to warm light. Just like a dog.

Flo actually follow med though and turned it off just before they went to sleep. Trying to leave as much space between them as they were on the same bed. It didn't last as they slept.

(Word count: 954)