2. A good goal

Hello thank you to the 26 people who read the last chapter I hope you enjoy this one as well and please stick around form the questions at the end.

——————————————————————————————————————————-—————-——

(I regret making that line)

After I woke up I was interrogated by the police for my name and any information about my family which I found odd especially with the condescending tone they used to talk to me. But now that I finally have a chance to think I'm probably am considering my extremely short and pudgy stature. After a week long search the authorities finally gave up and sent me to an orphanage. This is where things began to get weird for me as when I entered I was greeted by a woman with cat ears sitting on top of her head that I would have sworn where fake if it wasn't for the twitches that came from them. As I entered the area where the children where I noticed that a surprising majority of them had some sort of animal trait be it horns, ears, or even tails.

I tried to ignore this glaring difference that seems to be quite common from what I'm seeing. But I couldn't help but take some quick glances at them. I was then introduced to the orphanage by the same cat girl that had brought me in. After the introduction was over I was brought to my room. The room was spacious or as spacious as you can get for what was essential a dorm room with two desks and a bunk bed which hints at a roommate which I wasn't to excited about considering the age gape that there was bound to be with me being 30 in my past life and this kid (if they were what my bodies age was) was about 7.

Worse yet I don't ev- BANG. I quickly turn around to find a kid lying on the floor after hitting the door on the turn. The kid has pitch black hair, and wide eyes, and his most notable attribute would have to be his skin that looks a bit scaly. The kid barely even takes a second before he's on his feet and in my face shaking my hand hard and talking about a 100 miles per hour. It takes me a few seconds before I can finally regain my barring and get him to slow down. Once finally calm enough to talk at a speed I can understand he said " Hi, my names Umbra, Umbra Yoru. I'm your roommate. I can't wait to show you around actually let's get going we got lots to see!!!"

Before I can refuse he's already pulling me along so I try to go with it and make my introduction on the go. "Hey, I'm Reed Auroras and CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE WE ARE GOING!" The boy simply ignores my plea for understanding and responds with "nice to meet you Reed"

I simply give up and go with the— "ecstatic" child as he takes me from room to room telling me what they are and what there used for this lasts for a good hour with how big the building is before finally dragging me back to our room. Where he lets go of my hand and goes scrounging through his belongings while I try remember anything the kid told me.

He then makes a triumphant "huh-ha" noise before grabbing whatever he was looking for and running over to me. "Look at this" the boy nearly squealed while saying that "It's the newest edition of hunters weekly and look the even got an interview with Ozpin one of ,if not, the coolest hunter of all time!!"

This got me really confused but with all the weird things I've seen this week I wasn't in to much of a mood to make a fuss so I just played along while trying to figure it out, "What's a hunter?" And I immediately dropped the ball on the act normal part if the look the kid was giving me was any indication.

" HOW DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT A HUNTER IS? HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK?" he all but yelled at me. "Does a cave count" "well you have been missing out then bro cause hunters are the coolest, kick-ass, law enforcers, that can exterminate hordes of Grimm without breaking a sweat." I understand almost everything he said and what I couldn't I pieced together. " Sounds- interesting so how do join just some basic training and your off?" This sounds like something that might be my dream job especially with how I had to give up on being a police officer with my bad leg I had in my last life. 

"No it's a long journey that starts in private high schools where you train until your good enough to enter a prestigious school like Beacon Academy. In fact I'm about to start this journey myself in a few years" he said this with this almost smug look "sounds cool can I join you" I say giving the kid a genuine smile as this seems a lot more exciting then anything I've done in my life ... or rather lives. The kid had this twinkle in his eye as he exclaimed "YES, I knew they put you in my room for a reason. I can see it me and you taking this world by storm." I almost laugh at his enthusiasm but settle for a giggle and a smile as I have to say it's not a bad dream.

— ———                                X                                             X                                                       X                                   ——

Hello the readers I have to say I'm really happy that somebody even read this I was really worried when I posted the first chapter that it would get lost in the tidal wave a of stories. Also I have a question so I've been making these chapters every day from 10-12 pm and I was wondering if you guys would prefer longer chapters with more wait time or just to keep posting short chapters but update more often. Also just going to say this now that I probably won't keep this pass so don't be surprised if I suddenly disappear for a few days.

Anyway thank you all for reading and see you next chapter.