The forest (Final chapter)

A/N: Really hope you enjoyed this story, it's been such an amazing storyline to play with :)

Warning(s): none
______________
Phil's POV
-------
"Hello, my name is Dan Howell, and I was scared to tell you this once, but I am utterly in love with you."

I give a silent awe, feeling a blush creep up my neck. He sweeps me back and forth as we dance in the moonlight. I remember the flask as we dance, but my fear disappears because I know him. I know that this was him talking, not the alcohol. He has his problems, we all do. I think that if I help him, he can get over this. I feel more comfortable in his presence as we twirl atop the tree branches. We finally settle down, our faces inches apart.

"Hello, I am Phil Lester, and I have always loved you," I gush, telling Dan something that I had never even gotten myself to admit. He twirls me one more time, and we end up with his hands around my waist and me facing the purple-painted sunset forest. I feel a wave of nostalgia wash over me, remembering the first time I stood in this tree. I will never be able to explain to someone how many memories this forest holds for us.

I know things between us aren't totally resolved. But we can discuss that another time. For now, we become lost in the sounds of the birds and the rush of the wind. Maybe things can work out.

And as lay my head against Dan's shoulder, I can still feel those butterflies.
__________
THE END