prologue

whenever the sun dethrones the moon over the horizon, the stars are overcome by the golden rays of the grand star. pedalling and clinking of metal gears were heard every afternoon, including this one. a h/c haired girl was riding her bicycle over the mountains going to the solemn streets of miyagi were her destination is near located.

one of her hands were on the handle controlling the bicycle while the other held a medium sized package wrapped in layers of manilla papers and a blue ribbon for security. she held the package close to her, the absence of a bicycle basket beginning to be a pain.

the girl was currently delivering a package to her mother's cousin or she would call her, auntie, who bought a dress that her mom made and sew from her rtw dress shop. her mother was a tailor that owned a small shop from the opposite town y/n was currently at.

she stopped as she reached the road. the h/c haired girl pants, her legs and arms tired. she decided to take a small break from cycling and just roam around this particular street using her legs and feet. y/n walked further, finding her way towards the sakanoshita store that her cousin and aunt owned.

"keishin-nii! good after-" she chirped, entering the store, about to greet the owner but instead quickly getting cut off.

"yeah, yeah, here's the money, then give me the package," ukai removed the cigarette from his mouth onto the ashtray as he spoke. he handed the money his mother had given him over the counter towards the girl, "tch, another dress."

"you bet it is, kei-nii!"

"i don't even know why the old lady keeps buying clothes from that mother of yours," he scoffed, quite dissapointed at her mother for wasting more money.

y/n puts both her hands on her waist, a pout evident on her lips, "well, that mother of mine who you're talkin' about is a woman you call your auntie!"

the blonde male raise both his eyebrows, his face unamused. he reached for the package when y/n handed it over to him. this wasn't the first time keishin's mother ordered a dress, he couldn't even count on how many times her mother bought them and he haven't even once seen her wearing the dresses she bought.

"keishin-nii?" the girl called, staring at him with squinted eyes. ukai warily looked at the girl as he hummed why.

"i saw an ad about a cream yesterday. you should go check it, it might help with your forehead," the girl inquired now with wide eyes. the male glared at the girl.

"brat! get out of my store!" ukai calmly said, "and for your information I do not have creases on my forehead nor any wrinkles that I'm aware of!" he shoo-ed the girl out towards the door while he pushed her.

"wait kei-nii, i have to buy milk!"

"go buy at another store!" ukai closed the door when he finally got rid of the troublesome girl.

"hmp. i was just telling him about the product, what was he so pressed about," she shrugged, going back to her bicycle that was parked outside.

-

"mom, i'm home! i have auntie's payment," she entered the house after putting away her bike and disregarding her footwear. the bike ride home took her an hour and it was finally 5 pm.

she didn't receive any answer making her conclusion grew larger, "mom, are you still working?" she went to her mother's room.

her eyes caught the sight of her fifty-year old mother who was standing in front of a wide table, the woman was tracing on a fabric making her designs be reality. m/n turned around when she noticed her daughter's presence.

"ma," y/n started, "you should rest," she finished off with a smile.

"later, n/n, after I finish."

y/n huffed at her mother's stubbornness, "but ma, you must be tired."

the elder woman sighed, when will she win against her daughter?

"fine." y/n cheered at her mother's words. "a little break wouldn't hurt, and you must be tired as well, no?"

y/n started to run in place, boastly, "i'm not tired! i can literally go and win a marathon, right here, right now!"

the elder chuckled at the girl's action but suddenly stopped making y/n stop aswell.

"ah, I forgot," m/n placed a hand on her temple, "the dress your aunt bought was on sale, she must've overpayed you."

"oh, i could go back to kei-ni's, mom. i need to get milk there too since kei-ni was so eager to get me out of his store earlier." maybe nature was calling for him that time? he seemed like he needs to do a numero dos then.

"it's getting late, hun. i don't think you should go," her mother worriedly said.

"it's okay mom, i promise you that i'll be quick."

-

y/n was yet again on her way to the sakanoshita store after repeatedly persuading her mother. she was nearing her destination as she huffs. the sky was now dark with the moon illuminating any places it reached.

the girl turned the make-shift headlight of the bicycle on with one hand on the handle as she notice that her surroundings were getting darker.

"wait- how much should i give back to auntie again?" she suddenly thought, forgetting what her mother said to her.

her hands started reaching in her pockets then grabbing the money inside of it, still riding her bike.

she then tried to take a look at the money in her hands not noticing the pole she was about to hit. when she looked up and saw what was infront of her she yelped.

both her hands suddenly grabbed the handles as she turned the direction of the bike all the way to the right. -and instead of hitting a pole, she hit someone instead.