chapter 2

"yeah, no. i'm not paid enough to deal with this shit, you're cleaning that up." ukai forcely gave the girl a mop before turning his back at her going to the counter.

y/n shrugged as she looked down at the milk-induced floor. what a waste of milk.

she decided to let go, the mop hitting the floor with a thud. she pursed her lips then looked at ukai who was raising an eyebrow at her. what is this brat planning to do?

ukai shook his head in dissatisfaction as he turned away from her, stacking the array of food near the counter. the last thing he need is some brat messing up his work for the night.

meanwhile, the boys outside watched in curiosity and amusement as they finished off the food they bought. it's as if they were watching a scene from a movie unfold. what was going on in there?

then suddenly, they watched as they saw the h/c haired girl sneakily walking towards the door. as her hands pushed the door forward, opening it, the bells sudden jingle caught all of their attention including ukai's.

"keishin-nii, i have to go home now. bye!"

y/n ran pass through them as she went over to retrieve her bicycle. she hopped on and started pedalling even before ukai could reach the door of the shop.

as the old male finally got outside, he shouted yet his shouts fell into deaf ears as the girl he was calling for was now out of sight.

"y/n, come back here!"

"i'm definitely calling her mother," ukai said to himself in disbelief.

"did she rob you or something?" shoyo suddenly questioned making ukai look at him. the others deadpanned at hinata's inquiry.

you can say that ukai was surprised to see that the volleyball team was still there.

"why are you all still here? stop blocking my store, go home and eat dinner!" the man shoo-ed them away, closing the door of the shop as he does so.

hinata turned to his teammates, a meat bun in his mouth before shrugging.

-

"man, i'm stuffed!" a voice from a certain tangerine that was holding a bicycle was heard, immediately accompanied by a loud burp that seemed to echo with the whistling wind of the night.

"gross," tsukishima scrunched his face up while looking at hinata who was holding his belly that looked bigger than usual. the tall boy disregarded his attention from hinata as he put on his headphones.

"no wonder, you ate like you were starved for days," kageyama who was walking alongside hinata spoke.

"you're one to talk, kageyama," tadashi retorted while looking back at the tangerine-blueberry duo.

now, the only ones who were still walking side by side were the first-years, while the rest of the team had splitten up from them since they've got their own paths home.

the atmosphere that surrounded the group was quiet yet comfortable even with the clinking sound of hinata's bicycle. no one talked after as they can all feel the tiredness oozing out of each others' bodies. after a long tiring day at school and volleyball practice, the only thing on the boys' minds right now was to go home and finally rest. they've been walking with each other for a while now and it seems as if it was taking a long time before they would reach their destinations.

though the quietness that once enveloped the atmosphere was interrupted when they heard louder clinking gears of another bicycle and a shout from a certain someone.

"get out of the way!"

kageyama, hinata, and yamaguchi looked at who shouted, they saw the same girl that they encountered at the sakanoshita store earlier. the three of them moved out of the way not knowing that their other companion didn't know what was occuring at the moment due to not hearing all the shouting thrown at them by the said girl.

y/n was on her way home when suddenly the pedals of her bicycle couldn't function properly. she had a hard time controlling and trying to stop the said vehicle. beads of sweat dripped down her body, arms and legs trying to get a hold of the bike. she was panicking.

"MOVE! I SAID MOVE, GIANT ASS BEAN STALK, FRENCH FRY LOOKING FUCKER!"

"tsuki!—" tadashi tried to get close and warn his friend but he was too late—

the blond-haired boy turned his head sidewards, adjusting his headphones so he could hear. and before y/n could even collide with him, he quickly moved to the side when he finally processed what was happening. because of kei's fast movements, the girl went straight to a fence and bumped into it.

all of them cringed when they saw how painful she had hitten the fence with her face with. even hinata, who have been hit by numerous balls into his face. well, at least her bicycle finally stopped.

they all huddled at the unconscious-like girl, her face now on the ground while hinata moved away her bicycle.

"i-is she okay?" yamaguchi questioned his teammates.

"she— she's dead!" shoyo in a panic tried to find any people but it was too late at night and no one seemed to be around this hour.

"help us! help!

"i think we should call an ambulance!" kageyama shouted, joining hinata in panic mode.

"you think?" tsukishima was the one who said that, looking at the duo who was wailing and jumping around the area.

and before everyone could even notice, the h/c haired girl who was on the ground suddenly stood up and screamed.

"i'm fine!"

"eek— she rose from the dead. she's a zombie! kageyama, hide me!"