The End of December

Chrissy stayed at Eddies for only one night. Her mum hadn't even realized she was gone. Back in school, Veronica told her about how Jason was doing. "Patrick says Jason is a little sad but won't miss practice even for a single day. At least he is still throwing his new year's party.". They were sitting in the cafeteria.

"Oh no, I forgot all about it!", Chrissy had promised to help prepare it. Of course, that was out of the picture now.

"Please tell me you are still coming. I don't want to go alone.", Veronica put her food away.

"I am not going. I just broke up with him! He wouldn't want me there.", Chrissy looked over her shoulder to the table where the Hellfire Club sat. It seems they were having fun because they all were laughing.

"So...you and Munson?", Veronica asked. Chrissy shook her head: „No.". Veronica grinned: „You sure?".

Chrissy rolled her eyes and looked back at the table. She remembered how Eddie had held her in the kitchen. Yes, it was because of a fight, but still.

Suddenly Eddie noticed her and waved at her. Chrissy smiled and waved back at him. Then Eddie continued to do some sort of mimic. He was such a dork! "Yes, sure. Keep telling that to yourself!", Veronica gave her a look and left.

Jason waited for Chrissy at her bike, after school was over. "Hey.", she simply said. "I wanted to talk to you.", he said. Chrissy got a little nervous.

Jason continued: „You are still invited to my new year's party. Would be nice if you show up.".

Chrissy unlocked her bike: „Thank you for the invite but are you sure you want me there?".

Jason nodded: „Yes, please come. Otherwise, you will be missed.".

Chrissy didn't see a reason to say no. she ahd no other plans and she could leave any time. Finally, she nodded: „I will be there.".

Another evening at Hellfire ended and Chrissy helped Eddie to pack everything. Christmas was in a few days and Chrissy had a present for Eddie. "So, what do you say?", Eddie suddenly asked. Chrissy was a little absent minded: „Sorry?". "New year's party at the old bowling bar. You in?".

"I can't, I am sorry. I already agreed to got to Jason's party.".

"Oh ok.", Eddie shrugged. Maybe it was just her imagination, but he seemed to be sad she said no.

"I mean I can come over after midnight.".

"No, don't stress yourself. We don't want you to upset your ex-boyfriend.", he was definitely pissed.

"It's not about Jason. Veronica will be there too and a few of my other friends.", she explained but Eddie was already heading up the stairs. Chrissy followed him and caught up with him outside: „Eddie wait!". He turned around: „Listen, do what you want but I think...". He stopped as he saw the present in her hands. It was wrapped in gold and red paper, with a huge bow on top. There even was a gift pendant which read. To Eddie

"I hope you like it; it took me hours.", Chrissy said as she watched Eddie unwrap the gift. It was a dark jeans jacket with the logo of Hellfire Club on the back. Chrissy had sewn everything herself.

Eddie looked at the jacket and put it on: „I love it, Chrissy. And now I feel bad because I don't have anything for you.". He hugged her and Chrissy suddenly felt all warm.

She smiled: „I am glad you like it.".

"Now, I am a little less mad you choose your ex-boyfriend over me.", he still had his arms around her. Chrissy was suddenly super aware of her unmade hair and the old sweater and jeans she was wearing. When Eddie let go of her, Chrissy caught herself missing his warmth.

"I would never choose anybody over you.", she said quietly but Eddie didn't hear it.