8th

Noong unang beses kong maisip na maaaring parte siya ng isang syndicate—or maybe he's another spy from another organization; hindi ko masyadong inisip dahil wala dapat akong pakialam. But when I was about to go to sleep, that thought kept me awake for, I don't know, how long. Jade could be working under Jacob.

Even then, I suspected him; he was probably covering up his brother. They've always been helping each other. I also remembered what Jade had done to me before, causing the old fire of anger that I felt to flare up even more the moment he intended to lose the case so that I could be imprisoned to cover up what his brother did. I'm not stupid enough not to think that he really fought for me. He's Jacob's brother after all; what else should I expect from him then? I share half of the fault because I let him. I even said that I wouldn't expect anything from him, but deep inside me, I was hoping he'd prove me wrong and do the right thing. Because I once admired him. I once looked up to him. And spoke highly of him. But just like everyone I knew, he disappointed me.

I didn't know how I slept that night, habang ang lalaking dahilan ng galit ko ay nakahiga sa kama na katapat ko lang.

I slept lightly that night, and I was up early; it was still dark outside. I decided to take a bath and change clothes. I went inside the comfort room and washed my face with cold water to finally wake up. I didn't lose my mind about Jade; that's why I was still deep in thought even after I finished taking a shower. I didn't realize that there was a woman standing next to me. Naka-bra lamang ako at cycling habang may towel na nakapulupot sa ulo ko, habang siya ay abala sa paglalagay ng toothpaste sa kaniyang toothbrush, pero ramdam ko ang sulyap niya sa akin.

"I like your tattoo," kumunot ang noo ko. I have three tattoos, kaya hindi ko alam kung alin ang tinutukoy niya. I looked at my reflection to see where she was looking, and it was on my upper right thigh. Sinilip ko iyon, to see my pisces zodiac sign tattooed on that part, medyo natakpan noon ang stretch mark ko sa bandang iyon. After looking at that part, ay nagangat ako ng tingin sa babaeng seryoso lamang ding nakatingin na sa mukha ko. Noon ko lang napansin na marami siyang hikaw sa tenga at mukha, she has on her brows, nose, and lips.

"I had a lot of tattoos. . ." I said this shortly and took off my gray tank top. I noticed that she nodded in response, and I didn't pay any more attention to that. I stared a little in the mirror, looking at my body, only to see my snake tattoo. The head was placed in between my breasts, while the tail ended on the left lower back of my body. That was my third tattoo. My fourth was placed on my back—behind my shoulder—and it was three black butterflies flying. The fifth was the knot behind my ear, and the first was the tattoo I got inside the jail. . . semi-colon tattoo on my wrist, near the scar I created. And of course, it was the zodiac sign of Pisces that became the second; I got that when I joined the Red Society Organization's Twelve Zodiacs. We all actually have zodiac sign tattoos that we use as our code names.

Isinuot ko na ang tank top ko at sunot na kinuha ay ang itim na tactical cargo pants before wearing my boots. Pumasok na rin naman sa shower ang babae, hindi ko na rin siya pinagtuunan ng pansin at inalis na ang pagkakapulupot ng towel sa ulo ko, I dried my hair using my towel at nang pwede nang puyudin ay mabilis ko lamang itong itinali.

Aalis na rin sana ako when my phone vibrated. I looked around to see if may papasok pa or pumasok na hindi ko napansin and to see that no one was there except me and that woman who's currently taking a shower. I immediately opened the message.