Chapter 46

I threw my knit sweater on, running out the door. I checked the time, 4:13 a.m. I stuffed my hone back into my pocket and slipped into the elevator, pressing the ground floor. Exiting the building, I shivered a bit but kept my sweater on and ran towards the small coffee shop that rested beside the hotel. I entered the small building and the scent of cinnamon and coffee beans invaded my nose. I sighed, smiling. I ordered a small mocha and a cinnamon bun. I sat at a table by the window and looked out of it dramatically, watching the traffic go by.

I sipped my mocha, taking small bites of my cinnamon bun and sitting cross-legged on my chair. I heard the ring of the soft bell echo and small footsteps enter. I looked towards the door to see a small girl, she seemed to be 5 or 6. She looked around, scared and alone. I smiled softly and walked up to her. "Hey, little lady, where's your mom?" I asked, squatting. "Mommy's in Heaven." she peeped, pointing upwards. I frowned to myself. "Where's your dad?" I asked.

"He's..in bad guy place with the police." she squeaked. I assumed she meant jail. "Are you hungry? I'll buy you a cinnamon bun." she nodded excitedly and grabbed my hand with hers. I brought her to the cashier and ordered a cinnamon bun with hot chocolate. When I gave them to her, she sat at the table and dug in. I sat down across from her and propped my elbows on the table, resting my head on my knuckles.

I inspected her, she had a big, worn out leather coat draped over shoulders, and over sized jean shorts. I shook my head. This was no way for a 5 year old to live. "So, what's your name sweetie?" I smiled sweetly. "I'm Ellie, and I'm 5 years old!" she held up five fingers proudly. "So, Ellie, how long have you..been, you know, without your parents?"

"I don't know. I can't count good." she said as if I would be disappointed of her. I chuckled. "Don't worry, you'll learn honey." I patted her head.

When we finished our food and drinks, she took hold of my hand again. "Hey, Ellie, come with me." I said as I pulled her out f the coffee shop. I took her a couple blocks down the road to where a bunch of small shops lined the streets. I brought her into a store and crouched down in front of her. "Hey, Ellie, want some new clothes?" I questioned. her face brightened and she hugged me tightly.

It was a wonder how a 5 year old girl was getting comfortable with me so fast. It had only been about 1 hour and she was treating me like an auntie. Maybe it was because she never got anyone to  get attached to. Poor girl.

I had bought Ellie a new outfit, and new shoes to replace her old worn out converse. I brushed her hair into a neat ponytail and cleaned her face, which was covered in dirt.

I brought her to my hotel room and brought her into the kitchen, where the boys and Amanda were sitting with worried faces. Liam's head snapped towards me and his face lit up. "Oh My God! Kylie! where the hell were you!"

"You guys, I was gone for 3 hours, that's not that long." I sighed. "Oh, and while I was gone I found this little lady all alone in the coffee shop." I smiled, turning to Ellie. She was hiding timidly behind my back, smiling shyly at Liam. "Hey there, I'm Liam, what's your name?" he asked as he got down to Ellie's level and extended his hand. "My name's Ellie and I'm 5 years old." she repeated the same thing from the coffee shop. Liam chuckled and shook her hand.

I sent Ellie off to play with Liam and I discussed it with the boys. "Why did you bring a random 5 year old here?" Zayn asked when I sat down. "I saw her in the coffee shop, alone. Her dad's in jail and her mom's dead. She had the most worn out clothes and, ugh, she was all alone!" I argued. Niall sighed beside me. "Look, let's just turn her into a police station. They'll find an orphanage or something." he suggested. He all agreed and Liam came back out with Ellie, her hand in his.

~~

When we arrived at the police station, a man, about 20 or 25, sat at the desk eating a burger. He narrowed his eyes at us, thinking we were just a bunch of teenagers who wanted to ruin his day. "What do you want?" he asked warily. Liam was he first one to speak. "Well, we  found this little girl all alone in the coffee shop, and apparently her mom's dead and her dad's in jail, so We just wanted her to be safe." he said.

The guy sighed heavily and took Ellie by the hand. He pulled her into the next room and we sat on the chairs while we waited.

 The cop came back out minutes later, a file in hand and a emotionless mask on his face. "Ok, her file is right here, apparently her mom is dead and her dad..he also died a couple weeks ago in a prison fight that got too rough. I'm sorry." he said solemnly, handing me the file and walking out. I opened the file and flipped through it, reading her information. Her name was Ellie Elizabeth Leminer. She was born in January 22, 2008. Her dad's name was Charles Leminer, and her moms was Serenity Danielle Duncan.

I turned to Liam. "Liam...they're both dead.." I murmured. He had a weary look on his face. "I know Kyles, I know." he whispered, hanging his head. An awkward silence covered the room.

"So, what do we do now?" Louis piped up. "Well, uh, we..should take her to an orphanage..I guess." Harry mumbled. I raised my head warily. "Or..we could...adopt her?" I suggested, turning to Liam. Liam bit his lip, deep in thought. "Kylie, this is a big responsibility, and we barely know her..and.." he trailed off.

I grasped his arm a shook it slightly. "Please Liam? Come on! You'll get to know her, and she's the sweetest thing ever!" I begged. Liam shrugged. "I don't know Kylie, it's not up to me, it's up to management."

__________________________

Sorry for the shortness, I don' have time fo anythin right now. Anyway, hope you like it and all that stuff. Bye.