Chapter 22

As soon as Felix opened his eyes after nearly a month of being in a coma, the first thing that he saw was Hyunjin sitting beside him. He was unaware of the things that had happened while he was unconscious but seeing Hyunjin holding his hand made him more flustered than the situation he was in. After some time of continuous tests by the doctor, it was announced to his family that there were no signs of any kinds of abnormalities or memory loss.

The only thing that was a little problematic was that Felix wasn’t able to walk or get up from his bed due to the fatigue that had accumulated in the last month. But it was also not an issue as he would just have to receive some physical training to be back in his previous state. All in all, he was completely healthy. The kidnapping, the accident, and the coma were now a thing of the past that Hyunjin and Felix both had overcome.

After Felix was left alone once his tests were done, the first thing he inquired was what had happened to the kidnapper back then. After hearing that, Hyunjin realized that even though he had been awake since long ago, he hadn’t inquired about this to anyone. He was also curious as to what happened to that crazy man and fortunately for them, the one who had the answers to all these questions arrived in their room just in time. Chan informed them of all the things that had happened after their accident.

Chan had been busy with work after the accident happened. But this time, his work was not managing Felix but inquiring about the person who was responsible for all of this. He had been constantly keeping tabs on the police proceedings after they caught the man who had kidnapped Hyunjin.

After he was caught, all his previous criminal records also came to light and it was not surprising that this wasn’t the first time he had done something. He had previous records of stalking, trying to abduct someone, sending death threats, and also for assault and arson.

Although previously he had been granted bail or probation due to the lack of charges according to Korea’s criminal law, this time he had been charged with kidnapping. Moreover, Olivia had taken it upon herself to make that guy regret his actions for the rest of his life.

After Felix woke up, Hyunjin had been constantly sticking to his side all the time. There were only a few moments when he would leave Felix alone but other than that, he was always located in Felix's room. This sudden change in his actions had caught Felix's attention and although he liked the fact that Hyunjin was acting kind of clingy with him, he didn’t know why he was acting the way he was.

The daily life of Felix during this time consisted of lying in bed and reading or watching Tv and going to physical therapy. And even though Hyunjin was with him all the time, the only time Felix looked forward to was the hour he would spend with Hyunjin in the hospital park where hyunjin would walk him around in his wheelchair. This continued for nearly a week until Felix finally couldn’t contain his curiosity and he finally asked the man who he thought could give him the answer to his questions; chan.

This was just another ordinary day in the life of hyunjin as he made his way to the room where Felix was currently. After Felix had woken up, he had taken it upon himself that he would treat the guy as delicately and lovingly as possible. He wanted to make it up to Felix for all that he had gone through due to him. It had been nearly a week since Felix had woken up and during this whole week, all that Hyunjin had done was accompany Felix everywhere he went. Today was also supposed to be the same but what he didn’t know was that today was the day that was going to change his life in more ways than he can imagine.

As Hyunjin opened the door to Felix’s room, he saw Chan and Felix talking about something but as soon as they saw him, their conversation stopped. The mood between them was a little tense and even though Hyunjin was never really aware of his surroundings, he also noticed the change in the atmosphere of the room. But he decided not to pay much attention to all these and made his way towards Felix.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” asked Hyunjin as he sat down beside Felix

“I… I am okay. What are you doing here?” asked Felix awkwardly and this surprised Hyunjin as he didn’t expect Felix to ask that question in such a manner.

“I am here to take you for a walk. Why? Is there any problem?”

“What? No… No, everything’s fine.” Stuttered Felix

“What were you both talking about?” asked hyunjin as he diverted his attention towards Chan who also seemed a bit flustered somehow

“Nothing important. I have to leave now as I have some work to do, so see you later.” Said chan as he left the room in a hurry. All this seemed rather strange to Hyunjin who had no idea as to why Chan and Felix were acting like this.

“Did I do something wrong?” murmured Hyunjin more in a way to himself rather than Felix

“What did you say? I couldn’t hear it.” said Felix

“It’s nothing. Shall we go then?”

“yea… Yeah. Let’s go.” Said Felix before he got up from the bed slowly with the help of Hyunjin and sat down on the wheelchair after which, Hyunjin began pushing the wheelchair out of the room.

After they both walked around the park for some time, they finally stopped near a bench where Hyunjin sat down to relax for a bit. This whole time, Felix had not said anything properly after they had left the room and this irked Hyunjin to no end who had no idea as to what was happening. After some time of sitting down in complete silence except for the distant sound of cars, hyunjin finally decided to ask Felix about this.

“Is anything the matter, Felix?” asked Hyunjin while looking toward Felix

“What? No… Nothing. Everything is okay.” Replied Felix who was trying hard not to look towards him and this caught hyunjin’s eye more than anything

“This was the exact response you gave me in your room but after that, you haven’t said a single word. And now also you are not looking at me. So I am sure something is happening.”

“It’s okay. Nothing has happened so you don’t have to worry.” Replied Felix in a meek voice to reassure Hyunjin but all it did was increase Hyunjin’s doubt

“Felix, don’t lie to me. I know something has happened or else you wouldn’t act like this.”

As Felix didn’t say anything even after Hyunjin pestered him so much, a lot of thoughts started going around in hyunjin’s head. And those were nothing positive to be exact. Hyunjin still didn’t know what was happening with Felix and why he was acting like this. But what he did know was that this was happening after Felix talked with chan. This meant that Chan had said something to Felix that had greatly disturbed him.

As Hyunjin continued thinking about what Chan might have said, the only thing that came to Hyunjin’s mind was something that he didn’t want to let Felix know for the time being. Seeing that Hyunjin had stopped talking, Felix couldn’t help but feel guilty about hiding something from Hyunjin, and in an attempt to distract Hyunjin’s mind from the topic, Felix decided to change the topic of conversation.

“The weather is really good today. It would have been better if I could walk, right?” asked Felix in an attempt to divert Hyunjin’s attention but Hyunjin gave no reaction to this.

Nothing at all. As Felix kept on saying meaningless things to catch his attention, finally Hyunjin gave up and decided to ask the question he had dreaded asking since earlier.

“When I entered your room today, you and chan Hyung were talking about something and as soon as I came in, you both stopped. And you have been acting weirdly since earlier. This means just one thing.” Said Hyunjin before taking a deep breath to calm down his nerves.

He knew that the next statement that he was going to make could either make or break the relationship between him and Felix but he also knew that he couldn’t take this suspense anymore. After Hyunjin calmed his nerves, he finally asked the dreaded question.

“You know about my feelings, don’t you?”