Who Wants Smoke?

I didn't remember the last time I had laughed this much.

It felt like Ari and I had been out here talking for hours. About everything from favorite movies right now, to deep shit like what was actually our biggest fears in life. Maybe it's because we were both still immature and young when I last saw her, but talking to her now was refreshing. She was smart, and funny, and she showed me some music she was working on; We aren't even going to talk about how talented she was.

Moments like this reminded me how easy it was to fall in love with her, and I truly wondered if I had ever fully fallen out of love. "Okay but like, the fact that you've never once listened to Jazmine Sullivan or Masego feels like you personally want some smoke with me."  I gave her a slightly dirty look.

Her head feel forward onto my chest as she laughed loudly. Leaning back up to look in my eyes again, she brought her hands up to softly caress my face as she spoke. "I told you I just started getting into R&B. I pretty much grew up on musicals and Broadway, Y/n/n."

Man, I normally hated over clingy, touchy girls, but something about her hands on me caused my heart to beat faster than a hummingbird's wings.

"Okay, so sometime soon imma pick you up, we gone drive to overlook hill and stargaze while listening to some Savannah Re and SiR. I'm gone change your life, Babygirl, I promise." I laughed out.

Her smile widened, but she didn't laugh with me, her eyes just gazing into mine happily. "I have no doubt that you're going to, Y/n/n."

My eyes darted down to her lips in the suddenly charged atmosphere, and I watched her eyes do the same. I had just started leaning in when a drunken voice rang out. "Man, you weird little niggas always tryna take the pussy I want bruh. Like who even is you?"

I scoffed in frustration at the interruption, slowly trailing my eyes over to whatever bitch nigga was speaking. I had to fight down the look of surprise on my face when I recognized Pop's son, AJ.

This was exactly the type of trouble Unc and Dez were talking about. So, trying to stay true to my word, I looked away, ignoring him.

"Pussy ass nigga, look at me when I'm talking to you."

My blood started heating up, but I just took a deep breath. "Ignore him, baby. Come on, we can go back inside." Ari whispered in my ear soothingly before standing up off of me. She reached for my hand, and I gently took it, getting up to try and follow her in the house.

"Nah, ain't finna just ignore me like that nigga." Two hands firmly planted themselves against my back, pushing harshly, and I had to actively steady myself before I fell forward into Ariana.

Already past the point of just walking away, I spun around and got into his face, breath heavy and jaw clenched. We were around the same height, so I stared him dead in his eyes. "Don't put your hands on me bitch."

"Or what, nigga?" He stared back before I watched recognition hit his clouded eyes. "Oh shit.. Swish? I see, yo bitch ass tryna see mommy and daddy tonight huh? I'll help you meet them soon, don't worry." He lifted his shirt slightly to show me the pistol tucked in his waist, but as soon as he spoke about my parents I was beyond the point of caring.

I had just prepared myself to swing when someone jumped in between us. "Nah nah, none of that shit tonight." Darius looked between the both of us, shooting me a quick glance before speaking to his boy again. "AJ, Dolph and Tori just got here, let's go."

AJ nodded his head, never once breaking eye contact with me. "Watch your back, James. Shoulda never came yo bitch ass back in town."

Darius and him finally started walking away, and I let out a heavy breath. "Fuck." I mumbled under my breath. The adrenaline and anger were still running through my blood, and I wanted nothing more than to go tackle AJ and beat my parent's name out of his mouth.