Time is Running

Sumin's POV

"Happy Birthday to you!~" The five girls sing as I sit smiling widely at their surprise.

"Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you~" They finish as they put down the lit cake infront of me.

"Make a wish!" Yoon says with excitement.

I closed my eyes before making my wish.

I wish I'll meet my soulmate easily!

I open my eyes again to meet the happy faces of my friends.

"I think I know what she wished for!" Yoon smirked as she was about to tease me.

"Shush! It's not going to come true if you say it!" I said to keep her from teasing.

"I can't believe unnie will finally get her soulmate tattoo." Isa smiled as everyone had a mischievous smile on their faces.

"Will unnie finally get a boyfriend? Stay tuned next time on Sumin's Love Island." Seeun said as she imitated a news presenter.

"Yah! I-I'm sure I'll get one! Just you wait." I said confidently.

"When does it appear anyway?" Yeeun asks as they look over my arm.

"Uh, maybe it's broken?" I joked which earned a giggle from Yoon and Seeun.

"I'm sure it'll appear later. Maybe when you're back home." Isa suggested.

"I agree. I had friends who had theirs after a while." Sieun added.

"Then, I'll tell you guys later about it! But for now, we should continue my 18th birthday celebration!" I said before excitedly jumping from my seat which made everyone follow suit and we continued doing whatever.

After a while of partying, we all separated and went home. I thanked Sieun for letting us celebrate at their big house since her parents weren't home for the weekend.

I was walking down the street almost home and was staring at my wrist and wondering why mine hasn't appeared yet.

I got to my dorm room before changing into a more comfortable set of clothes. I was now sitting up on my bed and just on time, my phone was ringing before I picked it up.

"Happy birthday to our dearest daughter!" My mom says happily as her face is a bit close to the screen.

"Eomma! Your face is too close to the screen!" I smiled as she realized and did what I said with a slightly embarrassed face.

"Is that Sumin? Happy 18th Birthday to our very beautiful daughter! How was your celebration?" My dad asks he appears in the frame.

"It was okay! We celebrated at my friend's house." I replied with a smile.

"Since it's your 18th birthday, are you ready to meet your soulmate?" Dad asked with a teasing tone which made me roll my eyes playfully.

"Appa! I just hope I meet whoever he is quickly! I don't want to end up like those people who look for their soulmate their entire life" I sighed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn up before you know it" He reassured which made me smile.

The call lasted longer with me asking how they were and how things were going in Pohang. After that, I dropped the call and just waited for the marking to appear.

The clock was about to hit 12 by a few more minutes and I was about to lose hope until I felt something on my arm.

I was expecting a hi or hello or something along those lines but no, something else appeared. Something long and unusual.

"Did you know that the Red String of Fate, also known as the Red Thread of Fate, refers to an ancient Asian myth of love. It is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend blah blah blah..." It marked as Sumin looked confused at the paragraph written on her forearm.

What in the world is this?