Chapter 19 - Delivery

Wednesday, 22nd of June

Another day at work and my mind was once again racing. I was in my thoughts so much that I didn't even remember cleaning the cabins. I thought about the night before, what Kai had said to me, how shit I felt still for letting him stay here so long, and also about Logan. What did he want to tell me last night that he never got to say?

Stella was oblivious to everything, I eventually told her what had happened. I didn't tell her what Kai had said about me, just that he'd left. We'd finished at 4:00 pm today and decided to take a quick detour to Kai's cabin, to see if he had actually left. His car was gone and after a quick peek inside we saw so were all his things. We began driving the buggy back to reception. When we saw the reception in sight, we saw a big truck parked outside in the square with its trunk open. It looked like a delivery van. Murphy, Fry, and the boys stood around it.

"Hey girls!" Murphy called. "Help us out would ya"

After what Logan had said about Murphy it made me nervous around him. We climbed out and walked up to them. I heard a thumping sound coming from inside the van and saw Logan standing in there, sorting through the stock.

"Girls," Murphy said. "I need you to help sort through this delivery."

I mean, I was ready to go home, I was so tired, but we did have an early finish yesterday, so I guess we should help.

"Sure, no problem," I smiled.

"Of course," Stella said a little less enthusiastic.

"There's a food delivery for the kitchen that the boys are sorting through. But we also had a delivery for the equipment shed." He looked cautiously at Logan and then eyed Stella looking at her up and down.

"Stella, you help the boys in the kitchen." Murphy looked at Logan again. Giving him a disappointed look.

"Now Laney." He turned to look at me smiling. "you help Logan with the things for the shed, and list off the laundry delivery."

With Logan?

"Of course," I nodded, trying not to make too much of a reaction.

"Oh Laney," Murphy began. "I saw Kai wasn't at breakfast this morning, I actually haven't seen him all day?"

"Oh, sorry Murphy he had to leave early, I forgot to tell you. He uh... loved it here though wanted to thank you." Lies. I hate lying I don't think I'm very good at it.

Murphy's face dropped. "Well, that's a shame. I do hope I see him again." he smiled, walking away.

Logan jumped down from the van, right in front of me, making me shuffle backward.

"My cars' parked just behind here. I'll fill it up and we can drive down." his voice was mono-toned. He grabbed some boxes from the van and carried them over.
I grabbed another box from the van and followed him. He set the box in the car, took mine, and slotted it in his trunk. Then he watched as Murphy walked further away, got in his own car, and drove off. Logan let out a sigh of relief, then he looked at me and chuckled.

"What?" I questioned.

"Him, leaving you with me... not what I expected."

"Maybe he's not as bad as you thought?" I shrugged.

He squinted his eyebrows, "Did you see how Murphy looked at Stella before? He didn't want me to be alone with her. That's how suspicious he gets around any girl that works here."

"So why is he so fine about me then? I'm a girl."

"Probably cause he thinks you're with Kai."

"Oh, of course," I said realizing. "That helps a little bit ey?" I joked. "I'm kidding by the way."