Training (Or Lack Thereof)

Content Warning: Explicit sexual content

"Are you ready, (Y/N)?" Hinatsuru asks you with a smile. You readjust your grip on the kunai in your hand and exhale slowly.

"As I'll ever be."

Hina quickly and gracefully lunges towards you, swinging her own kunai in a large arc. You manage to duck out of the way as trained and swing for her Achille's. Of course, she's able to jump out of the way before you make contact, but not without complimenting you first. "You've come a long way, (Y/N), you're a very fast learner," she praises.

"Oh come on Hina, how can you say that when I haven't even come close to hitting you-?" You're not expecting her swing until the blade of her kunai is pressed right up against your throat. You put your hands up in surrender.

"Don't ever let yourself get too distracted," she chides, "Now, let's go again."

This time you make the first move, swinging the blade with your dominant hand, to which Hinatsuru dodges flawlessly; perfect. You drop the blade into your weaker hand and jab it right up against her stomach. You don't press hard enough to draw blood, only applying enough pressure to make her let out a small gasp.

"Great job," you hear, though this time it isn't Hina complimenting you. You turn around to see Tengen leaning against a now-open doorway, his white hair down around his shoulders. He's still sporting his bejeweled hairband, though a different sleeveless outfit from his typical uniform. He sure must like showing off his arms...

"Thank you," you reply, fighting back your habitual bow.

Hinatsuru tousles your hair and smiles. "She's really come a long way in such a short amount of time."

Tengen grins and turns to the woman standing next to you. "Hina, let me have a turn."

"Of course," she replies, handing him the kunai. It looks infantile in his large hand, but he doesn't seem to notice or mind. "Be careful with her, keep in mind she's still learning."

"Are you ready?" he asks seamlessly flipping the kunai between his fingers. You nod. The second you do so his entire expression changes, from lighthearted and carefree to complete focus. You swing your kunai at him and not only does he push your arm away with ease, but he spins it around behind your back as he pushes the tip of his blade against your chest. The way he fights is so different from Hina, you realize, Hina's moves seem to be routine and precise whereas Tengen's seem more violent and erratic.

Tengen lets out a hearty laugh. "That bad, huh?" you ask, smiling weakly.

"No, no," Tengen replies, "You've got potential."

"Thank you," you smile once again.

"I'll continue the lessons from here, do you mind helping Makio in the kitchen?" Tengen asks Hina, who's readjusting her slicked back ponytail.

"Of course," she says with a slight nod. She stands up on her tiptoes to give her husband a kiss on the cheek before walking away. It's been a few weeks of living here now, and the dynamic has been nothing but bliss; three beautiful women helping you and and even Tengen himself has started to grow on you. You've had a few more intimate exchanges with Suma, and you've learned she's the only other wife that fancies women too. That doesn't stop Hina from giving you a comforting kiss on the cheek from time to time, however.

"You ready?" Tengen asks, the serious expression creeping onto his face again. You nod.

He swings at you in a quick arc, which you dodge by sliding between his legs. You swing your own kunai at him and are nearly able to nick him at his right hip. He quickly grabs your arm and flips you over onto the ground. You blink a couple of times, struggling to catch your breath, and see him standing over you with a smile. He extends his hand to help you up, which you take as an opportunity to grab and hold your blade up to his throat. The surprise on his face changes to a grin as puts his hands up and says, "Alright, you win."