Chapter 8: Stolen Hearts

"What a day..." Kitsune sighed, flopping onto her bed. Her and Milo went around taking souls to the afterlife. It was strangely busy that day- lots of gigs. Apparently there was some type of accident which took quite a handful of human lives. Some shady company doing shady things, and in the end, one of the employees had enough and burned the place to the ground. There were a few casualties, but from what Kitsune understood, it was just all of the shady managers and whatnot. Honestly, she didn't care. At least there were no truly innocent lives lost.

It's been a few months since Milo and her had met, and honestly? This was the most fun she'd had in ages. As strange as it was to say -especially to actual angels- she was actually glad she was kicked from Heaven. Because if she wasn't, there was a chance that she never would've met Milo to begin with. And at this point, that's a possibility that she didn't at all like the idea of.

To say that they had gotten close over the course of their friendship is an understatement. At this point, they were basically inseparable. Milo was always fussing over her, and would constantly remind her to take care of herself if they received even the slightest hint that she wasn't. It was strange- they were just acutely aware when it came to her.

But then again, over the period of time they've known each other, Kitsune could say the same. She could always tell when something was bothering the reaper- and it wasn't just because of their heart, eyes, and nails. It was also because they just gave off a certain energy whenever they were upset. They were also more quiet.

Speaking of Milo, Kitsune's phone suddenly dinged. And wouldn't you know it, it just so happened to be them. She smiled to herself, rolling onto her stomach as she read the message her best friend had just sent her.

"Hey boo! Did you have any plans on Friday?" It read.

"Heh, I never do. Why- did ya have something planned?" Kitsune texted back.

"Yes, yes I did. I wanna take YOU to your first club experience. <3 Wear your best dress- I'll pick you up at six!"

Kitsune chuckled to herself, shaking her head. "Yep, that's Milo for ya." She said, rolling back onto her back as she sent a response.

"I will! See you then, Milo!"

At that point, Milo sent a goodnight message- adding a cute little black heart at the end. Kitsune couldn't help but grin, kicking her feet a bit as she set the phone on the nightstand. As of late, she had been getting rather giddy whenever she saw Milo, or even when they simply crossed her mind. It's been happening for quite a few weeks now.

She sighed to herself, being unable to fight the giggles that rose in her throat. She covered her face with her hands. It had always crossed her mind that she knew exactly what this was- she just never admitted it. However at this point, it felt like she had no choice. She knew what was happening, and she finally acknowledged it.

She was in love with Milo.