Chapter 3

My head shouted no, but my body laid firmly on the bed.

There was no 'original novel' to refer to what to do because I was just an extra who appeared briefly at the end of my life.

To be honest, I don't know if the empress that was there when Raniero met Seraphina was 'Angelica' or not.

It was because the name of the empress did not appear in the novel.

Could it be that Angelica died soon after she got married, and the empress in the original was someone else? The fifth empress?

It is quite possible.

I sat down and looked at Raniero, who was exhaling his breath and lowering his eyes.

'What if he kills me because my dress is so layered that it's boring to take off...'

It may seem like I might be overreacting, but anyone in this situation would be like me. For the first night of a young man and woman, it wasn't a strange atmosphere either.

I could see myself trembling in Raniero's eyes...

At first glance, rather than lust or desire, his eyes were shining like a cat playing with a mouse it had caught.

"Why are you shaking like this?"

"W-wouldn't it be normal for the bride to be nervous on the first night..."

"You keep stuttering. Is this also because of the chronic disease?"

No, it's not!

I almost jumped, though I froze. I was really glad that I didn't react to Raniero's words. However, nothing else was too fortunate.

Raniero's hand reached under my back.

It was to untie the ribbon that tied my dress.

Mine and Raniero's center of gravity shifted behind me, causing my upper body to slowly move back.

I involuntarily grabbed his shoulder, trying not to fall backward.

"Oh, I'm sorry. How dare I touch your body..."

Raniero doesn't like anyone touching his body recklessly. He really hates it

I quickly removed my hand and bowed my head low.

At that moment, I kept hoping he would say, 'You've ruined my fun' and leave. Though I'm not an idiot either, so I think I know how this is going...

'In the first place, I have no confidence to satisfy this person.'

Even though Raniero took a lot of women in the original book, he did not experience any pleasure in relationships with other women other than Seraphina. That was not all. Having an unsatisfactory relationship, his mood consistently went down.

This means that it is going to be more difficult to please than usual.

Angelica may have learned a little bit about 'that skill' before she got married, but...

'I don't remember! I don't know any of that!'

I couldn't remember if the assimilation of her body and mind was less fulfilled, or what Angelica was like before today. It was a big deal.

"You... You are quick-witted."

Several thin silk ribbons were untied from behind.

I don't know how he can solve it so well without looking at it. And, before I knew it, my bare shoulders were exposed. Still, I kept my hands unsteady, keeping my head low, and was very nervous.