Chapter 4

After Raniero left the room, a lady, who seemed to be a maidservant gazed at me and said,

"You'd better take a bath."

At those words, my face went hot because I knew the cause.

As I slowly glanced down at my body, I became even more embarrassed and pulled the blanket up to hide my body.

"Then, could you help... No, I can do it myself."

I endured the desire to hide through the mouse hole as I barely managed to speak in a solemn tone.

While the bathwater was warming up, the three maids stuck together and removed all the pins from my hair. Even though I've been feeling sick and stinging all the time, I couldn't even say I was in pain... I felt a little embarrassed.

The maids then called the other servants who managed chores, and they picked up bed linen and other clothes that had been taken off and thrown away before leaving to do the laundry.

Soaking in the flagrantly heated bathwater, it felt like all my tension was finally relieved.

'Yeah, this is it.'

I was relieved.

Raniero is a man who doesn't look at his wife except on the first night. So, there will never be a chance to meet just the two of us in the future. It meant that there was no longer any reason for me to have my heart pumping like this and operate my brain to its fullest anymore.

Perhaps, the official ceremony of the Imperial Family... I should be attending with Raniero.

At that time, I should be all right with the tension of the wedding, right?

Of course, I can't be nervous.

A disaster will happen the moment I lose my discipline because I get nervous.

Looking back, the first night was the biggest turning point. And, I've gotten over it pretty well. When Raniero left the palace, he looked at me and said, 'It's monotonous and boring,' so he wouldn't be visiting me again.

The immediate hurdle has been overcome. Now is the time to really think about the future.

I rubbed my arms in the warm water and turned towards the maid who was waiting for me.
​​
"What is the date today?"

The maid paused for a moment at the strange question. But, like a maid in the Palace of Actilus, she responded quickly and politely without being rude.

"It's May 19th, Your Majesty."

May 19th.

Hmm. Looking out through the bathroom window, I saw that the trees were still thickly covered with soft, pale green leaves.

If that is the case, then there are about seven months left until Raniero meets Seraphina.

The two met in winter when the cold seemed to freeze even their lungs. Even more, the white winter accentuated Seraphina's beauty, who has dark hair and blue eyes.
​​
'It was a very snowy day.'

The reason Raniero Actilus entered the temple was because it was snowing too much and it was difficult to advance.

Oh, the 'temple' referred to here is not a temple dedicated to Actilla, the God of war, who is the deity of Actilus. Actilla has no temples because faith in him is not a temple or prayer, but proof of the prosperity of more descendants and a larger territory.

Feasibly, looking back on the original story, there seems to be a ritual, but...

In the original story, the temple where Raniero first met Seraphina was the temple of Tunia, the God of mercy. The followers of Tunia were wary of the Actilus Empire, though they could not refuse guests who wanted to visit, worthy of the name of the God of Mercy.