Chapter 8

When he deliberately made the sound of footsteps, he could see the Empress's shoulders twitching with each step closer.

'It's amazing.'

Raniero reached out towards the Empress's hair. Immediately, her lips trembled involuntarily. It was because of fear. In the first place, she was essentially a different person from him-insignificant and timid.

'But, how... does she understand me so well?'

He thought that if someone could understand him, it would be someone like himself. And, Raniero was determined that if he met his kind, he would never miss it.

It will be fun just to talk to someone like himself.

However, the woman in front of him was too weak and humble to be his own kind. Rather than intense aspirations, she merely aroused lukewarm interest.

She was a woman who had never deviated from a 'normal life' and never suffered from 'extraordinary impulses.' And yet, she doesn't make mistakes, and she sometimes says nice things...

As if she knew what Raniero was like.

How could a woman who had met him for just one day do that...?

Even Marquis Jacques, who has been serving the Imperial Family for a long time, also has an absurd misunderstanding about the Emperor...

That paradox alone was just a little tempting.

In most cases, thinking is boring, though finding an answer to this question doesn't seem too bad...

"You. Raise your head."

Then, the cheeks and soft lips that were as white as the white bread of the Empress raised her head. The emotion on the surface in her eyes, Raniero could know through the instinctive insight of the predators.

She was terrified.

It felt good because it seemed to prove his absoluteness.

He wondered how the Empress understood him, although the Emperor, who had no intention of understanding the real Empress, peered into the Empress's pale pink hair.

'I don't need to know the details of what's going on in her tiny head.'

Trying to understand ordinary people is boring, boring, and useless.

Raniero's thumb lightly brushed the fluff on her cheek. At that, her backbone shooked lightly at the calm excitement brought on by the fear that she revealed.

Raniero Actilus does not shy away from impulse.

He wet her Empress's lips.

* * *

...What was going on in Raniero's head, a person like me shouldn't try to guess.

For instance, why does he kiss me in this situation... No matter how hard I turned my head, I couldn't seem to figure it out. I just passively stretched my arms and lowered my eyes as my eyelashes trembled.

Raniero pulled me on my back. My chest was pressed against his chest, and my lips were almost swallowed. Meanwhile, he kept stroking my hair under my ears.

"Uh..."

The reason why my pulse keeps getting faster...

Must be because I'm scared, right?

He stroked my tongue with the tip of his tongue and pressed his cheek closer against my lips. Then, while feeling the lack of air, he shoved his tongue deep into my mouth. It was slippery and we tangled even more as he dug in deeper.

My back and stomach were shivering. As he slowly lifted up his hand on my back, untying the laces on my dress just a little bit, his fingers slid through the dress closure and lightly scratched my back.