♧ Prologue: Act II [For A Tomorrow Without Tears] (Part 2)

After the introduction, the bard asked on what they need from him. Lumine fetched the crystal from her inventory to show it to Venti. But when she showed it, the crystal was no longer red, replacing it with a turquoise color. "What!? The crystal has been purified!? When?" The emergency food exclaimed, eyes widened at the shiny, purified crystal. The other three were also surprised, including Taufan, who has been staring at the bard for a while.

"Dvalin, he..." Venti face that was once showed happiness, now fell. "The anguish he feels... has brought him into tears..." Venti's voice was laced with seriousness, and concern. "Tears...?" The emergency food said. Venti searched his pocket, bringing something out which was revealed as another crystal, but corrupted. "He was once such a gentle child. Now so full of rage and suffering..." The bard looked at the crystal with such gentle eyes.

Gentle child? Once? Taufan couldn't keep up on what the bard was saying. His arrival here in Mondstadt was somewhat suspicious. Well, the wind elemental was also suspicious too when he first arrived. "I also came across a Teardrop Crystal. Can you purify it?" The bard took out something from his pocket which turned out to be another corrupted Teardrop Crystal. He gave the Teardrop Crystal to Lumine so that she could purify it.

When the corrupted Teardrop Crystal touched Lumine's hand, it glowed brightly, until it became a purified Crystal. "Ehhhh!?" Paimon exclaimed, looking shocked at the purification. "Woah...!" Instead of shock, Taufan stared at the purification at awe. This made him wonder, how was Lumine able to purify the crystal? Was it because of her being from another world, or something else? Guess Taufan would only know the answer once he get to know her better. Venti's reaction matched Taufan's one, but he was also shocked upon seeing it.

Once the purification was done, Lumine closed her palm and kept it away with her. "You... really do have some wonderful abilities..." Venti said, awe at seeing the beatiful purification. Lumine could only smile a bit, while also giving off a 'thanks'. "Someone like you is going to end up getting written into a bard's poem." The bard said again, complimenting her as a hero who shone bright like a light. Lumine flushed upon hearing this.

"E-eh...! I don't think... it would be necessary...!" Lumine declined, shaking her head frantically. "Well, that's a shame. I bet my friend here could agree with me, right?" Venti said, turning his head towards the wind elemental, who also turned his head to the bard's direction. Turquoise eyes and sapphire eyes met, both gave off the sense of joy and freedom. 'Friend', huh? That felt right for some reason. "He's right, Lumine." The wind elemental spoke, turning his direction away from the bard.

"That thing you just did was amazing! Please consider it." Lumine nod a bit, as she looked away, deep in thoughts. "Anyway..." Venti spoke up, which made everyone looked at him. "Even if Dvalin is not taken down, his life will wither away in the breeze..." The bard hung his head low. "He'll burn himself out in the flames of anger." Venti's voice sounded concern, even for the Stormterror that everyone feared, Taufan wondered why. "Is there anything we can do to help?" Taufan asked, even if his heads were full of questions, but he still felt pity for the bard and the dragon.

"I really must thank you for purifying the teardrop crystal, it has helped me greatly." Venti thanked the three, or was it only Lumine. His sad expression was no longer and was replaced with a happy face. "But I've already come to devise my own plan." Plan? What plan has he devised? Hopefully not something weird like stealing something ancient, like Barbatos' Lyre. Yeah, that. "Oh? And what plan would that be?" Paimon asked, it was more of a sarcasm though. "Seeing this tear has brought to mind a friend so dear." Venti said, bringing questions marks on the confused trio.

"Friend?" Paimon said, does this bard meant Dvalin? Or another one? Could it be Taufan, who knows. "Heh-heh, one must be going." The bard spoke as if he was one of those adepti that Taufan heard from a Liyuean merchant. "Hey! Where are you running off to!?" The pixie exclaimed. "To the 'Symbol of Mondstadt's Hero.' Bye-bye~" The bard quickly ran off as the trio saw his body getting farther away. Lumine and Paimon seemed to be talking about Venti. They seemed pretty suspicous of the bard they just met, such as calling him a 'weirdo'.