chapter 3

you have social anxiety around people but you knew how to love even when you weren't getting the same treatment. vance on the other hand didn't have social anxiety and tried to love before but it let him down. he would think being happy makes him weak sometimes which was not a good mindset.
he needed someone who could fix how he felt around others and someone who can deal with his anger issues when things get difficult. he has a soft spot but it rarely comes out but with you it's different. he feels a connection between you too even though you guys only just met yesterday. he wants to push these unknown feelings away so he wont get hurt like he did in the past but he cant.

you wake up to an empty bed and an empty stomach. you look around the room for the blonde haired boy but you didn't see him anywhere around you. maybe he just went to the bathroom or something... you thought.
you heard a loud slam from outside the closed door of the room that made you jump a little. you get up to go see what it was and you see vance opening and closing the cabinets looking for cereal. vance? you say rubbing your tired eyes. he whipped his head around and looked at you. "good morning" he mumbled, is something wrong? you asked. no i just cant find the fucking cereal i think my dad must've took it with him to work he says clearly irritated. why dont we just go down to the corner store or something? you ask and he sighs and agrees.

you dont decide to change because you didn't feel like it and neither did vance but he didn't even sleep in pajamas, he slept in sweatpants and a jean jacket. vance grabs some cash from a jar he kept in his room and walks out. he looks at you for a second admiringly and you notice "vance. take a photo it last longer" you say sarcastically. vance mumbles something then walks out the door.

you follow right after him and walk in silence to the corner store. he opens the door for you and you walk in. "here just take this. get what you want" vance whispers in your ear which sends chills down your back. "thanks vance" you say then walk over to the candy isle and grabs some pop rocks and surprisingly they had boxes of cereal in the back. you grab two boxes and walk over to where vance was and overhear a conversation he's having with another boy.

"so looks like you found a new slut to hang around with. i bet she's gonna leave you just like everyone else did. nobody can deal with your god damn anger issues it always gets the best of you and thats how you fuck shit up vance. " a kid with black hair and long bangs said. you notice vance turning his hands into fists then vance pushed the kid then starts throwing punches over and over again.

dont *punch* talk *punch* about *punch* her *punch* like *punch* that.

you put your hand over your mouth not believing what was going on. the worker up front at the cash register was walking over to the phone about to call the police and you grabbed vances shoulder. vance oh my god you're gonna get in trouble you can't just beat people up. we need to go before the police come. you threw the money on the counter and left with vances hand in yours. vance was silent so you decided to speak up. "vance what in the hell was that about?" you asked worriedly. he huffs and mumbles " he was talking shit about you so i fucked him up. he had no reason to talk bad about you".
vance you dont need to fight people for me promise that if he says anything else you will just let it go. he mumbles an "okay" and keeps walking. once he opens the door to the house you notice his bloody and scratched hands.

i drag vance to the bathroom and he just looks confused. "vance dont look at me like that. your hands are really messed up and we need to clean and disinfect it before it gets infected or something." you say calmly. nobody has ever cleaned my cuts before.. he said openly. well this can be a first . he sits on the small counter in the bathroom and you look around to find some bandages and other things to disinfect and clean the blood off.
you stand in between his legs and start cleaning his knuckles. he looks at you while doing so and he starts to mess with your long/short h/c hair. "your hair is soft" he says. you were caught off guard because that was completely random but you smiled and looked up at him while wrapping his hand in bandages.
you then finish wrapping his hands.

you put away all the supplies and go back over to vance, messing with his hair. "i feel different around you y/n. like you make me nervous and i have this tingling feeling inside whenever i get the chance to look at you. i usually hate sharing my affection with others but you're different." he says nervously. you cut him off by pressing a kiss on his cheek and he looks at you wide eyed.

i'm sorry i shouldn't have done that ,you say awkwardly. no y/n i liked it i like you. you look down at your feet and say "vance we just met yesterday night" you say giving him a big smile playfully rolling your eyes.
yeah but it feels like i've known you for months he says. "bla bla bla that was so corny"you say sarcastically and he pouts and walks off.
WAIT VANCE I WAS JOKING you trail off. you notice him on the couch eating the cereal you bought and you walk up to him and sit right next to him while shoulders touching.