chapter 6

"Men have two personalities..."

Waking up, Simon felt completely and utterly uneasy

He sat up from his spot on the concrete floor. Sure, he was hurting physically and was sore in all parts of his body, but that wasn't what was wrong. In the past, all he would feel was pain from his self harm, but this was totally different.

Something was wrong.

His mind started yelling, screaming at him. He couldn't put it together until the voices collectively said a single word.

Avara.

Jumping up to his feet, Simon rushed out of his room, locking it quickly before sprinting up the basement stairs.

The house on the main level looked untouched, meaning that Avara still hadn't woken up yet.

Going up the stairs and into his bedroom, Simon walked in the room, looking forward to seeing his saving grace to help him calm down. He was going to apologize for being so distant last night.

Except, she wasn't in his room. The bed was untouched from when Avara and he had made it the morning prior.

Lilah was sitting in the middle of the made bed, but she wasn't up right. She was on her side, and it almost looked as if she was frowning.

Maybe it was just his mind playing tricks on him, but he could have sworn that the dino was mad at him, glaring at him in anger.

Rushing to the bathroom, Avara wasn't to be seen there either.

Simon became frantic as he searched the entire house looking for Avara. Then, an unsettling thought reached his mind.

Did she leave him? No, she wouldn't leave him.

Would she?

Simon went to the garage door, getting ready to take the car out to look for her, but as he approached it, he realized that it was locked. This was good. This meant that Avara hadn't left him, because he remembers locking it the night before...

No no no.

Opening in the door, Simon visibly shivered at the cold air that hit him. It was so, so cold.

This made his heart clench.

He looked down to see Avara's body on the floor of the garage. She was laying in an inhumane position, which meant that she had fallen. The bags of their trip to Target were sprawled all over the floor. Bits of jewelry that Avara had picked out were on the floor.

Carefully stepping over the bags to make sure that he didn't ruin them, Simon moved toward the body until he was leaning right over Avara.

Her appearance made a loud sob escape from his mouth, falling into the quiet garage.