Chapter Eight (Finale)

Before you dive into this chapter, I want to say a big thank you to all those who made it this far.

I love you all🧡

Finale (Part I)

Detective Jamaal turned off the footage when it reached the part the security men arrived. He and his partner still stared at the black screen in shock. The pieces had fallen into place, from the beginning to end.

"Let's go Jamaal." Detective Okoye said, finally snapping back to reality. "Officer get the car ready." He instructed another officer and they left the building.

The D-DAY...

It was remaining just few minutes before night prep began. The students in the compound were rushing off to their prep classes.

Natasha was walking to her prep class when a teacher called her.

"Natasha, can you help me carry these books to the admin block?" Miss Ife asked. Natasha was ready to reject when she realized the woman's hands were already full. The teacher looked pathetic enough, so she decided to help.

"Sure." She replied carrying some of the books. She remembered she was wearing the matching bracelet Tobe got for the both of them and she pondered on taking it off before anything happened to it. She shook her head, the faster she got to the building, the better. Removing the bracelet would mean keeping the books somewhere and she didn't want to spend much time carrying the books.

As soon as she entered the building, she dropped the books in the entrance and left. She had done enough.

Meanwhile the three girls were still in the hostel changing while most of the students had gone to the classroom.

"Hurry up before they ring the bell." Brume said. She had already dressed in her day wear and had her backpack on while her two friends were still fumbling with their gowns.

"Are you with the phone?" Nini asked and Gabby nodded.

"It's already in my bra." She said quickly. They were the only ones left in the hostel so they couldn't care less about the tone of their voices.

"And the pocket knife?" Brume asked.

"It's in my tight." Gabby replied, turning to Brume to zip her gown for her.

"Let's go." Nini said and they hurried out of the hostel just as the bell rang.

They ran past Kelvin and Damien who were coming out of the clinic. Damien's leg wasn't hurting anymore and he was just limping slightly while Kelvin had a cast on his arm.

The big gate opened and a car drove in. The principal's navy blue car was one that was very familiar to the students even if they saw it from afar.

"What is he doing here?" Kelvin muttered as they both froze in the middle of the compound. Damien shrugged, continuing his journey to the prep class. Kelvin ran after him as they both walked to the class.

"He probably forgot something. Whatever it is, he'll be out of here before prep ends." Damien assured. They both entered the class and took their usual seats by the window.

As soon as the clock struck nine, the final bell was rung and the students were settled in their prep classes. The principal walked round the classes. He entered the boys' class first and barely spared his injured son a glance before heading to the girls' class. He entered the class and looked around, his gaze finally rested on Gabby. He subtly nodded towards the door and left for his office.

Gabby took a deep breath and looked at her friends. They all had nervous looks on their faces.

"Let's wait a little before going. It'll be suspicious if we leave now." Gabby said and they nodded.

Natasha was drawing hearts all over her book happily in the prep class. She wrote Tobe's name inside one of the hearts and her name. She touched her right wrist for her bracelet but she didn't feel it. She checked her other wrist but it was nowhere to be found. It was then that she knew that her nightmares had come to pass. The bracelet was probably around the entrance of the admin block.

Without thinking twice, Natasha stood up and took permission to use the bathroom. The teacher refused saying it was too early.

"Ma, it's urgent." Natasha pleaded and the woman caved in. Natasha dashed out of the classroom and passed the boys class on her way to the administrative building. Tobe noticed her rush and realized she was heading to the admin block. A scary scenario flashed in his mind and he quickly stood up.

"Tobe, what is wrong?" The teacher in charge asked. Tobe snapped back to reality and walked to the front of the class.

"Sir, I need to use the restroom." He said and the man laughed.

"Is that why you are acting like you've been possessed?" The teacher joked and some of the boys watching them laughed, "Go abeg." Tobe didn't wait to be told twice before dashing out of the class.

Natasha reached the entrance of the admin building. The place was dark except for the hallway of the first floor and of course, the principal's office. She took a deep breath and quickly ran to the front door of the building where she dropped the books. She knelt down and felt the tiled floor for the bracelet but she couldn't find it. She wondered if the bracelet fell off on her way to the building instead.

She walked back out in a daze only to see Tobe standing there, panting heavily.

"Tobe, what are you doing here?" She asked in shock and he looked at her as if she was crazy.

"I should be asking you the same question. What are you doing here?" He asked, taking a deep breath.

"I dropped the bracelet you gave me earlier so I came to look for it before anybody else picked it." She explained, pointing at the building behind her.

"Oh.. I thought.. I thought.." he stuttered and she laughed.

"God forbid bad thing. Let's look for the bracelet abeg." She said, taking his hands and they both traced her steps back in search of the bracelet.

"And about the issue," Natasha started, "I called my father and told him everything." She said and Tobe stopped.

"Everything?" He asked and she nodded before realizing what he meant.

"No o, not everything like that." She clarified, "I told him about how the principal threatened me to sleep with him. Then I told him that the principal also said he'd claim my 'tutor' was my boyfriend. I even told him that my mum knows about the tutor so there's nothing going on between us. He said he's coming tomorrow to see the principal." She explained happily. Tobe smiled and hugged her.

"So there's no problem again?" Tobe clarified and Natasha nodded.
"Nope, now let's look for my bracelet." She said and they both searched for the bracelet.

Natasha found the bracelet and she was jumping in joy when she saw the three musketeers rush off to somewhere.

"God knows what they are off to this time." Natasha said to Tobe, who shrugged and they both returned to their prep classes.

*********
Hold up people...

Sorry for the cliffhanger. The chapter was going to be too long so I posted the first half. The second part will be out on Thursday.

There's a catch on Thursday tho and a surprise. The sneak peek of the second book of the series will also be posted so stay tuned.

Who makes a book cover?😩 I need one now.

This week's shout-out goes to iburnrice @BeCrystaL @bobbybrownng

~Korisa🧡