iv. jackie can't open up to mike

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄

         𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄. Jackie found herself in the void, checking on Will with a deep sense of concern. She knew he was going through a sexuality crisis, a secret she held closely. The worry for his well-being weighed heavily on her.

Meanwhile, on a rooftop, Mike and Dustin were engaged in spying on the Russians, their attention focused on the unfolding events. In another part of town, Robin and Steve were hard at work, each absorbed in their respective tasks, unaware of the concerns brewing in the void.

Jackie wandered through the void and spotted Lucas and Will in the distance, sitting in Will's basement. Will expressed his frustration, exclaiming, "I just don't get it, Lucas!" as Lucas casually munched on Lays chips. "What do you not get?" Lucas asked with a sigh.

"My cousin goes missing. Dustin goes MIA. Mrs. Wheeler hasn't even seen Mike! She thinks he's sleeping over at my house. What if... What if Jackie and Mike ran away together?" Will pondered aloud, his worry and confusion evident in his voice.

"Pfft, what? Have you seen them ever stay in a room together without fighting?" Lucas scoffed, dismissing the idea. Will's face fell as he admitted, "No..." trailing off in uncertainty. Lucas snapped his fingers. "Exactly," he emphasized, reinforcing the notion that Jackie and Mike's dynamic wasn't one of harmony and collaboration.

"Then where can Mike and Jackie be? And Dustin too!" Will questioned, seeking answers. Lucas shrugged nonchalantly. "Dustin's probably with Steve. So is Jackie probably. You know Dustin and Jackie's friendship. And Jackie's secret crush on Dustin," Lucas suggested.

Jackie furrowed her eyebrows. How did he know?

"No, she doesn't like him anymore."

"Then who does she like, Will?"

He looks at him. "M— Mike."

"Woah— Uh, plot twist.. uhm.. maybe Mike's with them then," Lucas suggested, introducing a new perspective. Will sighed, flopping onto the couch. "What should we do?" he asked.

"I say we call the girl—" Mike's voice rang in Jackie's ears, drowning out Lucas and Will's conversation. Everything else became muffled as she looked around the void, trying to pinpoint where Mike's voice was coming from. "JACKIE!" he called again, his urgency evident.

Jackie gasped, snapping back to reality, and opened her eyes. To her surprise, Mike had his hands on her shoulders. "Jesus, Wheeler! Get off me! You know I hate physical touch!" she exclaimed, pushing him away. Mike quickly retreated, looking apologetic.

"Sorry, sorry.. you were out of it, and your nose was bleeding like crazy, and—" Mike explained, his words rushed and concerned, indicating that he had been trying to assist her while she was unconscious. Jackie touched her nose, realizing it was indeed bleeding, and sighed.