v. they went from cuddling to fighting

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓. Amidst Jackie's echoing scream, Mike instinctively pulled her close, his arms securing her as she leaned against him. Her words stumbled out, slurred but undeniably genuine. In the aftermath of pushing her powers to the brink, Jackie's vulnerability was laid bare, with Mike becoming her anchor in the storm of fear.

This wasn't the first time her unfiltered truth surfaced. Last year, after sealing the gate, she spilled her feelings to Hopper, revealing a complex web of emotions involving Mike and a tinge of jealousy towards El.

As the room stood still, Jackie and Mike found themselves on the ground, locked in a gaze that spoke volumes. Mike's smile hinted at a shared understanding. However, the moment was abruptly shattered by Erica's interruption.

With a sassy tone and arms crossed, Erica declared her victory. "Ha! I told you guys! Mike and Jackie are in love with each other! Didn't you guys see how they were cuddling earlier?" Jackie's eyes widened, and Mike blushed, realizing the undeniable truth exposed by their unwitting accomplice. In that blurred moment of realization, Jackie saw the threads of her feelings weave into an unexpected revelation.

Jackie, disoriented and full of questions, cautiously distanced herself from Mike. "Wait— What— Wait, how.. how am I still in here?" Her brows furrowed as she attempted to grasp the surreal situation. "And why was Wheeler holding me!" Her voice carried a mix of frustration and bewilderment, echoed by her stumbling attempt to stand, drawing confused looks from everyone around.

"Did— Did I drain myself??" Jackie's gaze sought answers from Mike, who was slowly regaining his footing. "You must've been way out of it. You usually remember stuff after being that drained," Mike offered a tentative explanation, his words lingering in the air.

Amidst the unfolding uncertainty, Robin, with a touch of worry, tried to bring focus back to the well-being of everyone. "Well, is everyone okay—?" Her question hung in the air, but the scene took an unexpected turn as Steve, visibly angered, stood up, injecting a new layer of intrigue into the unfolding mystery.

Steve's frustration burst forth in a shout. "Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" He forcefully shoved Robin aside, prompting a furrowed brow from Jackie. The reality hit her like a ton of bricks. "Oh my god, we're stuck in— in this elevator?" Her eyes widened, panic setting in as she instinctively retreated against a wall, seeking some semblance of safety in the confined space. Mike's features contorted into a concerned frown, mirroring the gravity of the situation.

"I think we've established that those buttons don't work," Steve deadpanned, his irritation palpable. Mike gently reached for Jackie's arm, an attempt to offer comfort, but she pulled away, the weight of the situation causing her to hyperventilate. "I— I need to get out of here!" Jackie's panicked cry echoed as she slid down the wall, overwhelmed by the confined space. The cacophony of voices around her became a distant murmur, with only Mike's attempts to calm her down breaking through the disorienting noise.