xiv. she's back

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓. Worry etched across Mike's face as he stood vigil over his girlfriend, who had been unconscious for a disconcerting day and a half. "Is it normal?" he asked, glancing down at her sleeping form. Kylie's response carried a weight of concern, "No, it's not. It's like she's in a coma." Her mind flashed back to a haunting memory from the lab, recalling El and One's intense altercation that had left El in a coma.

"She's in a coma?" Mike's eyebrows shot up, anxiety coursing through his body. Kylie clicked her tongue in response, a somber acknowledgment of the severity. "I won't sugarcoat it, Mike. I think she is. She used all her remaining energy on me. It's reminiscent of what happened to El... Jack might be in a coma. I don't know how to wake her, but all we can do is hope she comes around," Kylie admitted, her voice reflecting the weight of uncertainty in the situation.

Mike stared at her. "Okay."

Will's gaze lowered to his cousin, a silent apology lingering in his thoughts. He turned away, fixating on the window, tears tracing the contours of his face as emotions overwhelmed him.

In the black void for the past day and a half, Jackie wandered, calling out everyone's names. Exhausted, she gave up, dropping to her knees. As she looked down at the neverending water, memories started surfacing, enveloping her in a cascade of emotions.

Jackie, not one to let an opportunity for banter pass, observed Mike with a mischievous grin. "Why do your lips look so swollen? Did El eat you?" she teased, playfully grabbing Mike's arm as he walked past. Laughter ensued, injecting a lighthearted moment into the group dynamics, momentarily easing the earlier tension.

Mike, with a subtle eye roll, retracted his arms from Jackie's playful grip. "No, she didn't," he asserted with a firm tone, observing the satisfied smile that lingered on Jackie's face as she indulged in her ice cream.

A mischievous idea sparked in Mike's mind, a signature move reserved for such moments. His own smile widened as he prepared to execute his plan, one that he knew would elicit a reaction from Jackie. However, before he could carry it out, Lucas's impatient whine pierced through the atmosphere, reminding them of the impending movie and urging them to join the group.

With a mischievous grin, Mike swiftly grabbed the ice cream from Jackie's hands, dropping it into the trash with a teasing calmness. Jackie's jaw dropped, and her frustration became evident as she clenched her fists. "Oh my god! I hate when you do that!" she yelled, visibly ready to unleash her retaliation. However, Kylie intervened, pulling her away from the potential conflict.

Undeterred, Mike continued his teasing with a chuckle. "I mean, it's like you buy them. You bribe Steve, threatening to tell my sister he watches her from her window every night." Laughter echoed as Mike amused himself, while Jackie shot him a glare from a distance.