Part 6: A Troubled Face and a Pure Heart

The witch raised both arms in the air and started humming.

Everyone's faces started to glow.

Bright, brighter, until it illuminated the heart of the town, sending gale coursing around them. When the witch was done chanting, the light slowly retracted and gale faded into a faint breeze. 

Heads began turning to each other as their faces began to crack, the girl hurriedly ran towards the nearby fountain to see her reflection

It was still --- blank.

She turned to face the crowd, full of different faces.

Some were smiling, while some frowning. It looked different than before.

Because they were real.

Clementine turned to the witch, who to her surprise was unrecognizable for she looked ages younger.

Feeling defeated and disappointed, she fell on her knees and began to cry.

"Don't cry my child, for you have done what is right. You set them free." The witch said.

"But why, why have I still not found my face?" the girl asked.

"Well then perhaps, I guess it was never lost, you were just wearing it the whole time." The witch said, "You may have a troubled face, but your heart has always been pure." She added as she reached for a loose strand that curtained Clementine's face and tucked it behind her ear. "If you open your eyes to the truth, all is found".