𝟬𝟰 || 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱?

A/N: Bucky has nightmares despite having a pretty good night with Nora (NOT IN THAT WAY, YOU ANIMALS

A/N: Bucky has nightmares despite having a pretty good night with Nora (NOT IN THAT WAY, YOU ANIMALS... we'll get to that. Don't you worry 😏 But it's a sloooowwww buuurrrnnnn).

Lots of little cliche touchy moments, lots of fluff, some angst, some nervousness. These two are so fun to write because they're so damn cuuuute!

CW: Discussions of PTSD, and a dash of angst.

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

"'I wish you wouldn't look at me like that.'
'Like what?'
'I don't know,' she hesitated. 'Like you could love me.'"
- Sue Zhao // Dialogues on Love #4 // "Maybe I already do"

Nora and Bucky stay on the dance floor for a little while longer as the music picks up. She's a good dancer, and he can whirl her around as the two of them laugh. It's the most fun he's had a in a really long time. She even teaches him some dance moves while Sam and Kate watch the two of them with raised eyebrows. Kate makes a circle with her fingers on her left hand and then pushes her index finger through it while Sam doubles over laughing. Bucky bares his teeth like a wolf as he keeps dancing with Nora, pulling her close so that she can't see it.

I'll kill you for real, he mouths.

Kate throws her head back and howls with laughter before she flips him off.

Try it, bitch, she mouths back.

She and Sam high five. They're such dicks sometimes. He loves them, but they can be assholes.

Bucky tries not to pay attention to it, and Nora certainly doesn't notice.

People can think whatever the hell they want. Bucky is having a great time. It feels like he's 21 again and twirling a girl around a smoky dance floor in Brooklyn. He feels lighter, and the weight of the world and everything he is and has been through disappears when he laughs with Nora.

As he's whirling her around, he notices that she has a little tattoo on the back of her neck. A silhouette of a bird and two dates.

02.15.1997 - 07.09.2023

He wonders who it's for, but he expects that he'll learn soon enough.

"You're good," he chuckles as they both decide to go and grab another glass of champagne and some tiny sandwiches before everyone eats them all.

"Thanks. I took some ballroom dancing classes with my ex," she laughs as she pops a sandwich into her mouth.

Maybe that's who those dates were for.

"And you're not so bad yourself, Barnes," she adds. "Lots of fancy footwork."

He chuckles and runs a hand through his hair.