Chucky - Oh Dear, What a Life

(AN! Sorry! But just a little info! Charles didn’t die as he made the switch. He just sort of went into a doll like state (pun intended) which somehow preserved his body, which was given to the insane asylum for awhile in the hopes he would wake up. Of course, he won’t until later in the story.)

!Content Warning!

Swearing, mentions of death, depression, and medication, slight adult themes

If any of these make you uncomfortable, please don't read! I don't want to affect anyone in a negative way at all.

Other than that, it's just Chucky being Chucky

Enjoy!

Everyone had heard about the Good Guys Doll gone bad. And yet, somehow, the dolls were still on the shelves, at just about every local toy store I had ever been to. In all the twenty-six years of my existence, I had never once owned a Good Guys doll. My mother and I weren’t always the best off, but now that I was older, I helped her out quite a bit. We had agreed to just continue living with one another to help with costs. After all, these were trying times with a murder doll on the loose.

My mother used to pick on me for it, but even with the murder doll, I still wanted one more than anything.

In fact. I wanted the doll. Chucky.

“Louis!” A voice called from downstairs. My mom.

“Yes?” I answered, waiting for a reply.

“Come down here! I’ve got something for you!” She spoke. I could hear the grin in her voice. I hopped out of bed, taking the stairs two at a time.

At the bottom of the staircase, I was faced with my mother. A large brown paper box in her hands. I gave her a smile and tilted my head.

“Surprise!” Mom smiled.

“What’s this?” I chuckled, stepping forward to take the box from her gently. Mom led me to the couch. “It’s not even my birthday.”

Her smile wavered, and she patted my knee. “It is your birthday, honey. How much sleep have you been getting?”

I laughed, nervously. “Not much, I guess.”

Mom waved me off, “Go on. Open it.”

I grinned and tore the paper from the corner. The box was yellow and as I tore more and more paper away, it revealed a Good Guys doll.

“You talk about it so often, so I decided to save up for one and get it for you. You know, this is the first one off the shelf since they opened back up! I might have paid extra.” Mom giggled. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Mom, you didn’t have to do all that. Any old Good Guys doll would have done. Heck, even if you had picked it up off the street!” I said. I set the box down and hugged her. “But thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” She smiled as she pulled away. “Now go wash up and I’ll have dinner and cake ready in about an hour or so. I’ll call you.”

I nodded and grabbed the box, once more finding myself in my room.

I peeled the cover away, gently removing the doll. I didn’t even think to put the batteries in, too excited to finally have a Good Guys doll in my hands. I suppose I had just thought the batteries were already installed at the time. It… It didn’t really matter. Not too much.

“Hello.” I smiled. “My name is Louis.”

“Hi! I'm Chucky! Wanna play?” The doll responded, head moving from side to side.