Five

After about a half hour of writing, Ron was done. He hesitantly got up and handed his sealed letter to the professor, who immediately sent it out. Severus was sure his parents would give him a howler in the morning.

"I trust you know your way to the Gryffindor common room?" Snape asked, which Ron nodded, "Very well then. Run along, but don't actually run, and go straight to the dormitory."

Ron slowly walked by Harry, eyeing up how little he wrote. "Hurry." He mouthed.

Harry couldn't say a thing, because unlike Ron his back wasn't facing the professor. What he wanted to say was he's trying but it's a lot harder than it looks, especially having to write to Snape. Had it been the Weasley's or even the Dursley's (who probably wouldn't even bother reading the thing), his paper would've most likely been done by now.

Ron then left, relieved to get that all out of the way, but still worried. Worried that his parents were about to find out, worried for Harry who's paper was barely started, and worried that there would be more to this than just simply writing a letter. Although to be fair it was difficult, in the sense that it's hard to break the news to your parents when you've done something really wrong.

While he was laying awake in bed just thinking about today, Harry was still in the potions classroom continuing to struggle writing. Severus looked at the boy and the lack of words on his paper, "Is something wrong Potter? You seem to be stuck. Weasley's letter has been done and meanwhile you barely have written a thing."

"Uh, sorry sir. It'll be done soon." He assured, scrambling in his head for the right words.

Meanwhile the students were all starting to make their way back to their common rooms, with the prefects leading the way as usual. Percy; the year six prefect, was relieved to see his youngest brother already there.

"Ron, where were you?" Percy asked in a fatherly tone, "Don't you know I was worried when I saw all of our other siblings except you? Not to forget to mention you completely missed Ginny getting sorted."

Ron sighed as he sat up immediately thinking a Weasley automatically goes to Gryffindor, so did he really miss that much? This was easily one of the worst days ever. "I know. I had a bad day."

"Explain."

"Well you remember earlier today when we were all at the train station and everyone else went through the platform, yeah? So when Harry and I tried going through, it didn't work. The gateaway sealed itself for some reason..." Ron explained, remembering the moment him and Harry ran straight into the wall of bricks.

Percy couldn't believe it, "Ron, that's impossible. The gateway doesn't just seal itself, and everyone knows that Platform 9 3/4 runs from 9-8, every day."

"Well, not today."

Percy just rolled his eyes (believing his brother was just lying) but wanted to hear the rest of what had apparently happened, "Okay, so the gateway sealed itself. Then what, how did you end up here?"

"Well Harry suggested waiting by the car but I had the smart idea of instead of waiting for Mum and Dad, who were most likely trapped inside anyways, to just drive to Hogwarts ourselves." Ron gloated.

"You should've just listened to Harry, because obviously your idea wasn't a very good one, now was it?"

"Anyways, I drove the car and I did a pretty good job at it too until the stupid car started malfunctioning. It was like the thing had a mind of it's own or something."

"Or you're just an terrible driver." Percy suggested, but Ron just shook his head.

"Then we almost got hit by the train, but luckily I saved us by dodging at the last second. But then it kept going in circles and the door flew open, Harry nearly fell, but I got him and pulled him back up. Eventually we were back on track though and even made it to the school until the car started acting all wonky again and threw us in to this tree that nearly killed us."