Chapter 7: A Job To Be Done

"The knights are on us."

"What should we do now?! This place...!" One of the underlings stopped while talking with the dealer. Though they were all criminals, it wasn't like they hadn't devoted themselves to build this place.

Even if it was a business that robbed citizens...

"Tell everyone to pack up."

"But-" The thug was interrupted by the dealer slapping his hand onto his shoulder intimidatingly.

"Take what you can. It's best to cut the tail if it holds you back." The moustache-twirler spoke.

"Who said any of you is going ANYWHERE?" The loud voice of the frontline warrior hit their ears.

While the rest protected Vhalen, Knight Arthur rocketed forward and clashed swords with them.

He held his shield forward while surrounded by Pirates. Most of them having really good abilities.

Their job specialised in combat, after all.

All of them twirled their curved blades while taking advantage of the fact that he'd charged in alone.

Their coordination was impeccable.

However, the was a reason why the Head Knight was entrusted with the protection of Prince Vhalen.

Because they all seemed to have at least one Spell Slot each, Arthur chose to conserve his powers.

If he used up all his Spells, then his Skills would be restricted too. Thus, he attacked using his tactics.

He called it his personal brand of a 'Paladin Style'.

His enchanted shield held forward, while his Rainwing Backsword was held behind his back.

He converted his energy into Light Mana, then used Radiant Swordsmanship to draw with a blade.

The cutting edge left blade marks on the air, which kept on detonating at second strokes of the sword.

Air slashes kept them on their toes.

It was a careful style that depended on his instincts. Not giving them room to gang up.

Those who came from the front blocked by his shield, those at back unable to grasp his swordsmanship, and those trying to encircle him weren't able to catch up with his crazy footwork.

'What am I watching...?' The dealer wasn't able to understand how this fighting style was working.

Usually, to figure against multiple opponents, it was common sense to drag them into a narrow space.

That way, one could attempt to fight one at a time.

But Arthur did the exact opposite!

He ran straight into them with his shield and constantly ruined their coordination with force.

The knight had the physical prowess and durability to keep on going head to head with his underlings.

Pushing them off their balance with his shield and hitting them with a strange slash here and there.

The dealer was in awe...

Unable to speak as Arthur froze some of their feet with a Water Draw and pushed with a Wind Draw.

It was the most ridiculous style he'd ever seen...!

But the moustache-twirler couldn't allow the knights to round up the Pirates he was protecting.

He summoned his own Spirit Essence to fight!

A clanging sound could be heard as Arthur was blocked by a shield made of solid spiritual energy.