Chapter 8: A Theif In Daylight

The most largest events and big celebrations took time to set things up. No matter how preplanned.

Tartarus had one play they were going to preform.

'Jeromio and Rumiet' was the name of the play, and the theatre was set up to put on a great spectacle.

They were getting ready for both the drama bits and action scenes, as this was their great draw-in.

A never before seen performance of a lifetime.

So that they wouldn't get booed off the stage, all members of the Theatre Troupe were in training.

Practicing lines and battle choreography.

The man chosen to act as the heroine was feeling like he was on top of the world. His role was as the famed 'Ruliet', the star-crossed lover who was one of the twin sisters of the Dark Forest's great Tyrant.

Jeromio was a prince of the then named 'Human Empire', which had fought Beasts for decades.

Their positions couldn't be different.

Oh how tears and woe had woven into the fate of these two destined for tragedy. The highlight of the ending was something to marvel at, as it was when the reigning Imperial Ruler, 'Josiah', fought against Rumeit for the sake of taking back her lover.

Never would he allow his child to fraternise with the enemy. Both of them were held in contempt by him.

It would be at that time that snake woman, Rumiet, would accidentally drive a sword through her lover.

Jeromio would protect his father!

For despite their differences, the man was still the one who had raised him. The one he called 'Father'.

The hero would die tragically.

And in despair after losing her lover, the tragedy's high point would be taking her own life to follow.

As without her lover, life wasn't worth living...

Dwinley Clarkson even cried a little while imagining the emotional devastation the final act would give.

The audience would have been well-acquainted and invested into the relationship by that time.

Which was why the sadness would hit harder.

It was only a pity that they couldn't get anyone to play Jeromio consistently, because his face was copyright. Lancia had records of how the Prince of the time looked, and didn't want to ruin his image.

Thus, the performing actor had to wear a hood.

A much different situation than the unknown looks of Rumiet, who is only described as a 'snake girl'.

Was she one half snake and part human? Did she only have subtle features or a fully scaled body?

Whatever the case may be, it was the general consensus that she must have looked beautiful.

How else would Jeromio had become bewitched?

Thus, Dwinley played with the makeup that would make it look like he had 'some' scales and serpentine pupils. He was looking through his wardrobe to find the best dress he could find.

One that would make his role stand out.

Special effects were also techniques he'd been training to make the performance more dazzling.

But just as he was ready to rejoin the group, a shadow appeared at the corner of his room.

He noticed who the person was immediately.