My Dream

(Alva's POV)

~in dream~

"Dad what are you doing with that gun?" My 12 year old self was standing next to my mother while my father pulled out his gun in front of us.

"Angela you bitch!!!!! How dare you almost tell the cops on the little secret I trusted you with!!!!" He completely ignored my question and lifted the gun. Tears were already rolling down me and my mother's cheeks.

'This is the end...' I thought. I looked at my father, his eyes full of anger and regret.

Not regret as in he didn't want to shoot his wife, but regret that he never should've told her his secret that was so bad, if the police knew he'd be arrested.

Then....BANG!!!!!!!!

I didn't want to, but I had too. I felt my head move on its own and made me see the unspeakable horror of what my father was.

My mother's lifeless body on the floor, a look of horror plastered on her face.

My tears were pouring now, and no matter how many times my 12 year old self pinched herself, she couldn't wake up from this nightmare.

~end of dream~

I woke up screaming. Eyes were red and puffy, cheeks stained with tears and my entire body was filled with sweat. Breathing heavily, I looked around my room.

"Just a memory..." I sighed as I got myself into sitting position, rubbing my eyes.

I'm happy I woke up, but also sad, knowing that was how my mother died.

Yep, my mother was killed by my dad. Now you know why she IS dead and why I became an atheist. That's my big secret and what made me who I was.

I got up and cleaned up some of my random stuff on the floor and just laid back down in bed, lost in thought.

What will I do...?

Then I heard the "devil" himself.

"ALVA!!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!!!!" My father yelled.

I quickly walked out my room and down the stairs to see my father....holding his knife.

"Y-Yes Father." I stuttered in fear as I looked at the weapon in my fathers hand.

"So I heard you've had an offer?" He looked at me while he lifted the knife.

I felt the tears try to make their way up but I held them back. I quivered in fear.

Oh no.....he knows.