Prologue

It's midnight as usual–for irene

This is like her routine for the past few months now, that's when she decided to make a move and she regretted it.

irene is still patiently waiting for her husband to arrive, not to greet him or to wait because it is a wife duty to wait for her husband nor waiting for him to cuddle in bed, but to bombard him with so many questions.

She's sobbing silently as she don't want other people in their house to heard her crying..

So many questions are running into her mind.

so many questions "why's" "when" "how" in her brain that keeps on going and asking her self a harsh questions and she is somehow blaming her self. while. crying. silently.

A minutes later.

the door opened and reveal her husband. she saw her drunk husband, the man she promised to love forevermore infront of God, the only man who can make her heart beat fast like a jaguar who is running so fast, and the love of her life, who came from work with his suitcase and formal attire.

she also saw him frowning because of what he saw.

The women he also promised to love forevermore infront of God, the mother of his child, the one who give birth to his children, his wife, is crying while looking at him.

He just stare at her confused...

"kailan pa greggy?"she asked weakly.

"What are you saying?"he said without showing any emotions

"Kailan pa Gregorio? kailan pa?!"her voice raised at the same time while crying softly.

"Wait what!? Kailan pa ang alin Irene?"he asked confusingly at the same time he's a lil bit angry because he's tired and he just came from his work and his company is facing a large problem now,he didn't even call her wife with their endearments anymore.

"Kailan mo pa ako niloloko?"she said almost in whisper and that's when he understand everything.

"I dont know what ur saying." He denied.

"Kitang kita ko kayo, kitang kita ng dalawang mata ko!"she stop and breath some air as her asthma is attacking her slowly.

"a–alam mo kung paano ko nalaman? nagpaimbestiga ako, and i was right the whole time, then boom! I saw you two in your office kissing."she said that scene keeps on repeating on her mind all over again.

"Irene, its not like that we're only talk–" he was about to explain or should i say 'magpapalusot' when his wife cut him.

"You two we're only talking? Really? That close? Ginagawa mo ba akong Tanga rio?"she said while sobbing

"No, im not."he answer shortly.

"K–kelan pa? Please kahit ngayon lang dont lie to me p–please"she said weakly while catching some air again.

"mamaya nalang natin to pagusapan you need to calm down your asthma is attacking again."he firmly said.

"No! Kelan pa Greggy, i need the exact date where? when? how? At kung–"she stopped tears rolling down her eyes.

"You want to know the truth? okay fine, in my old condo in BGC, june 11 2021, i met her at the bar that day when our company have a problem i decided to drink and i forgot about our anniversary and we did that "thing"."he said in annoyance that made irene's heart shattered into pieces and irene fall on her knees.

"H–how could you do that to me, s–sa anniversary pa talaga natin rio?"she said while crying and sobbing loud enough for Greggy to heard her sob.

Silence

"Now it make sense, kaya pala wala ka nung araw na yun. anong rason mo sakin kinabukasan? May tinapos ka sa office mo about work and its important presentation, yun pala nakikipag landian kana dun sa babaeng yun. while me?! Rio ako na ASAWA MO nag hintay sa wala nung araw na yun nag-muka akong tanga kakahintay sayo tapos ngayon sasabihin mo lang pala sakin na you got drunk and you did those Goddam things with her that supposed to be us in your old condo na favorite place natin at tambayan natin noon?!" she scream while punching her husband's chest.

"bakit Greggy? Why!? Saan ba ako nagkulang? Isang taon mo na pala akong ginagago. how dare you!"she continues and she's slowly getting weaker and weaker.

"I was drunk and problematic that day okay? And wala na kaming connection after that!" he screamed that made Irene looked at him madly

"Talaga ba Greg? Ha!? Then why did i saw her in ur office?" She also screamed.

"She's my business partner for Pete's sake!" he said.

"Ano yun business partner with benefits kayo? Na bigla nalang humangin ng malakas at sumubsob yung labi nya jan sa labi mo?"she bombard.

"We're not, you know what tama na. i need to fucking rest my head is aching, now kung tapos kana mag bunganga sakin I'll go to our room." he said na parang wala lang sakanya ang nangyayare

"Ganun ganun nalang yun Greggy?"she asked weakly.

Silence

"You know what lets end this." Greg said annoyed, and because of that irene mae a bold decision.

"Yeah your right. Lets end this. "irene said while wiping her tears in her cheeks.

"Maghiwalay na tayo."she added

"Okay fine! If that's what you want lets get divorce."rio said before walking towards the staircase  leaving irin there crying helpless.

"You know nothing greg." She said sobbing. I'm sorry anak.

Thank you for reading!
Vote x comment
X