CHAPTER FIVE - royally fucked mate.

THE LOSERS WERE SAT on a bench in monument square. "i was thinking about it. the ironworks explosion in 1904. bradley gang in '32. the black spot in '59. and now georgie, betty and the rest. it seems like this stuff happens every thirty years or so." ben sighed. "so what, this town is cursed?" stanley asked. "that's what my grand father thinks." mike chimed in, all eyes fell on him. "you guys know what a haunt is?" mike asked. "what, like in a who-ya-gonna-call sense?" ten asked. "no, not like that. a haunt can also mean like a feeding ground, for animals...or something else. my grand father told me he thinks all the bad things that happen in this town are all caused by one thing...this thing that feeds off the people of derry." mike elaborated.

"it can't be one thing...we're all seeing different things." stanley said. "yeah. but i think it uses our worst fears to scare us." mary sighed. "i-i guess that's why i'm s-s-seeing g-georgie." bill stuttered. "w-what d-did you s-see, mary?" bill asked. "john, blood." mary sighed. "i saw a walking infection. stanley?" eddie said. "i keep seeing this woman." stanley said. "is she hot?" richie asked. "no richie, she's not hot!" stanley exclaimed. "i keep seeing massive waves." hannie said. "rory?" richie asked. "i saw my own funeral, no one was there...and i saw myself dying alone." rory mumbled. "jesus please us." mary sighed. "okay, so this clown is our worst fears?" matty asked. "yeah. i think." ten chimed in. "what are you scared of richie?" sam asked. "clowns." richie mumbled. rory chuckled. "you are royally fucked mate." she smiled. richie rolled his eyes, smirking.

~~~

the next day the losers were gathered in bills garage, a projector in front of them. "d-did you b-bring the m-map?" bill asked ben, ben nodded and pulled a slide out of his pocket. he handed it to bill and bill inserted the slide into the tray.

he turned on the projector and the derry map was over layed with the sewer map. mary shifted uncomfortably in the stool she was sat on.

"l-look there's the i-ironworks a-and the b-black spot. e-everywhere it happened i-is c-connected to t-the sewers." bill stammered. "the well house." ben said. "it's in the house on neibolt street." mary sighed. eddie frantically took out his inhaler and started puffing. "you mean that creepy ass house, where all the junkies and hobos sleep?" richie asked. "i hate that place, it always feels like it's watching you." rory groaned. "that's where it lives." mary said. eddie got off the stool and ripped the map off the wall. "c-can we stop talking about this - it's summer - we're kids!! we're supposed to be -" eddie began. "i agree with eds." richie said. "no, p-put the m-map b-back." bill demanded.

the projector tray started spinning. mary furrowed her eyebrows. "what h-happened?" bill asked. mike attempted turning it off. it kept spinning.

a photo of georgie, bill, mr and mrs denbrough popped up. "what in the hell." sam mumbled, taking another drag of her cigarette. the slide kept moving, closer and closer to mrs denbrough, her hair turning red. "okay w-what the fuck." hannie stuttered, moving closer to mary. "turn it off." rory said. "turn it off!!" she repeated, shouting this time. mike kicks over the projector, this having no effect on the event taking place in front of them.

suddenly, 'mrs denbrough' lifted her head, it was the clown. "oh fuck." matty mumbled. it went black. the clown popped out in front of them. "OH HELL FUCKING NO!" sam shouted, getting off her stool. the losers scurried to their feet, attempting to save themselves. the clown reached out for mary and hannie, who were holding onto eachother like lost children. the pair fell back on the floor, mary holding hannie behind her. amidst the panic, something clicked in dannys head, he opened the garage door.

it was gone.

"holy fuck are you okay?" mary asked hannie. hannie started laughing. "you nearly fucking die and you're asking me if i'm okay?" hannie smiled. mary rolled her eyes playfully and helped hannie to her feet. "nice thinking danny, thanks." mary smiled. danny nodded and the pair fistbumped.

"o-okay so, l-let's g-go." bill said. "go? where?" ten asked. "n-neibolt. t-thats where g-georgie is, w-we have to g-go." bill stuttered. "after that? no, no way." stanley scoffed. "yeah, i'm with stanley." richie agreed. "t-then don't." bill snapped. "wait - bill." mike sighed. but he didn't wait, bill didn't waste a second before jumping on his bike. "i-it took my b-brother. i-i'm not w-waiting." bill mumbled.

bill began cycling off. "i don't know about you guys but i'm not letting my friend die down there." mary stated, grabbing her bike. "me too." sam said. matilda grabbed her bike aswell. the trio started cycling off to neibolt.

"fuck this i'm going too." matty said, hannie agreed. beverly forced the rest of the losers to come down.

"bill! we want to help." matilda said. bill smiled. "t-thanks." bill stuttered.

"bill!" beverly shouted. "you guys can't go in there, this is crazy. someone could get hurt." beverly pleaded. :"i already said you don't have to come in with me. but what happens

when another georgie goes missing? or another betty? or one of us? are you just going to pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? because i can't. even if i wanted to i can't - i go home and all i see is that georgie isn't there. his clothes, his toys, his
stupid stuffed animals but

georgie...? he isn't....so walking into that house...for me it's easier than walking into my own..." bill stated. "wow." ten said. "what?" matty asked. "he didn't even stutter once." ten mumbled.

"okay. okay fine, let's go into the crack house and find this fucking clown." hannie sighed. bills lips curled into a smile. "i'm doing this for you bill, because i love you." hannie mumbled. bill smiled again. "okay, it's settled. we're finding this clown." sam said.

"well someone has to stay and guard right?" stanley asked. mary rolled her eyes. "o-okay, mary, h-hannie, rory, sam, m-matty, eddie and r-richie c-come in with m-me." bill stuttered. the group nodded. "okay, but if anything happens, we're kicking ass." beverly warned. they nodded.

bill fumbled with the lock. "move." mary said. she kicked in the door. "badass!" richie said. mary chuckled. "alright. let's go." she mumbled.

i am genuinely so sorry this took like 2 weeks to come out and it's extremely short and underwhelming omg.

anyway, thank you for being so patient <3

i don't think we are ready for chapter six.

get your seat belts on, it's a LONG ride💖💖