Title

So from the title many would be wondering if I am a Shakespearean, no I am not.

In fact, I strongly dislike poetry.

End of the rant.

~~~~~~~

Greetings again, so the first tip and pet peeve of mine is the title of the fan work.

*inhales*

I have seen people adding emojis, and unnecessary things to the title of the work like;

Random Example:

Undesirable taekook ff 🔞

Or

Vampire | XYZ ship (completed)

See, from both an author and a reader's perspective, you can add the "completed" or simply a tick to the title of the work because Wattpad has it's thing. It sometimes doesn't show if a work is complete or not.

But adding XYZ ship to the title of the said work or emojis is simply... Well I'd like to say unprofessional but since this is a hobby for many I'd use untidy.

Everyone wants their work to attract people to read it.

If doesn't give a good first impression then how will the reader be convinced or at least be motivated to check the work out.

So please, I have a humble request to all of the fan fiction writers and maybe some budding writers too that except for the name of the book/work, do not add anything else to the title of the work.

Except for the aforementioned completed because Wattpad.

If you want to add XYZ ship somewhere, the description exists.

Maybe even dedicate a chapter to it.

PS: I don't know if Undesirable is actually a work, I just flunked that.

Edit: Hi, I found another pet peeve about titles.

So if your story has a title longer than one word then make sure to capitalize the first letter of each word.

It doesn't include conjunctions.

Random Example:

City of Bones.

Or

City of Lost Souls.

(They're real book titles).

Thank you for coming to my first Ted talk.