Fools, Condoms and Double Dates

Heeseung has a predicament.

It’s undoubtedly something stupid for most people, but hear him out, condoms.

So, Sunghoon and him started dating some months ago and, he’s not saying they’ll use them right away, but it’s good to be prepared, right?

So the problem he’s facing is, where does he buy them? Can he just… go to a drug store and buy some? Will anyone question him? Can he be discreet enough? Would Sunghoon think he’s pressuring him if he sees the condoms? Because he’s not, he definitely wants to, but he’s a nice person, he can wait for as long as Sunghoon needs. He doesn’t need to have sex with him if Sunghoon doesn’t want to, he just wants to be prepared, in case it’s needed.

And he knows, he knows who he has to ask that will most certainly be able to help him. The thing is, he doesn’t know how to bring it up without bursting into flames from blushing. He also didn’t know how to ask without being awkward about it, how to naturally bring it up in conversation. There simply isn’t a way, and if he wants to ever get an answer, he simply has to ask.

As subtly as he can, he texts Yeonjun to please call him when he has time. Heeseung didn’t expect for his phone to start ringing right away and he almost drops it in his panic. He doesn’t, but he does hang up instead of answering. He groans in frustration and almost has a heart attack, again, when Yeonjun starts calling him again.

Heeseung manages to answer this time and he locks himself in the bathroom.

“Heeseung, why did you tell me to call you if you were going to hang up on me? Or are you busy now?” Yeonjun teased, but got a little serious when asking the second question.

“No, no, I… panicked…” Heeseung admitted, “I need… to ask you something?”

Is… Are you okay?” Yeonjun asks, concerned.

“Yes! It’s not… it’s not serious?” He doesn’t know how to ask, it’s important, but not serious, “I… uh…”

“Hey, take your time, yeah? Whatever it is, I’m here for you,” Heeseung fidgets a little, he’s nervous, but he can talk to Yeonjun.

“I need to buy condoms.” And maybe, that wasn’t the best way to start, but what’s done is done. He can hear Yeonjun trying not to laugh. “Hyung, don’t laugh… I don’t know… where to buy them?”

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t expecting that,” he calms himself down, “I’d think you already know where, just maybe don’t go yourself? Have your partner buy them, unless they are also an idol, are they also an idol?”

“Well… yes… I’m… you and Soobin-hyung are dating, no?” There was silence on the other side, and Heeseung thinks he might have said something he shouldn’t have.

“Are we… are we that obvious?” Yeonjun didn’t sound afraid, but he still lowered his voice. Heeseung shakes his head even if he can’t see him.

“No, not really? You just gave me that impression,” because really, he isn’t sure what made him think that, he thinks it’s what seemed the most natural.

“Oh… I see, okay,” Heeseung believes he hears something akin to disappointment, maybe Yeonjun wanted to be obvious.

“So… how do you buy… them?” Heeseung insisted, he just knows Yeonjun buy them, or at the very least knows where and how Soobin buys them.

“Them?” it’s like Yeonjun forgot what they were talking about.

“…Condoms… and lube…” Heeseung hates how shy he gets, he shouldn’t, it shouldn’t matter, but he can’t help it.